Cadets 2020

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm not asking for the gory details on the inner workings of the organization.

I also agree the YEA/the Cadets need to have their "ducks in row" before they go public.

However,I do feel that,since The Cadets are seeking donations from people like me,I am entitled to

some information on the financial "health" of the organization,before I send out the check.

THAT, I do agree with you. But I'm sure they will provide information that is needed, or we will just have to ask them what's going on. 

37 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Same as the responses here. Actually probably nicer. Here, anyone who dares ask a fairly innocuous question is labeled a Cadets hater, or anti - Cadets, by the usual suspects. 

Says the person who labels anyone a "borg" when they speak positively of Cadets...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Could you explain how this is a strawman argument?

I was puzzled by that response as well.  rpbobcat expressed concerns before he/she is willing to make a donation to the corps, and that's understandable.  so... why not share those concerns with denise?

Edited by ykw

53 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

As I posted,I'm sure,if I email them,and promise to keep it a secret,they'll tell me exactly what's going on,before they tell the rest of the world.

https://yea.org/events

You live in NJ, go to the March camp in Salem and go to the parents meeting. You will also get to hear the corps at noon on Sunday in ensemble. You are more than welcome to come. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

https://yea.org/events

You live in NJ, go to the March camp in Salem and go to the parents meeting. You will also get to hear the corps at noon on Sunday in ensemble. You are more than welcome to come. 

In all honesty,I would hope that YEA/the Cadets will have made some type of "official" announcement before  then.

Although I may take a ride,just to hear the corps.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The posts from some of the  DCPr's  who have "first hand knowledge" of the situation give the impression that

everything has been "worked out".

Only that  they aren't authorized to reveal it.

I fell that, if  you're aware  that YEA/the Cadets still need to finalize certain things, make that clear 

when you post.

i feel if what i was told is true, it's a good step forward.

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm not asking for the gory details on the inner workings of the organization.

I also agree the YEA/the Cadets need to have their "ducks in row" before they go public.

However,I do feel that,since The Cadets are seeking donations from people like me,I am entitled to

some information on the financial "health" of the organization,before I send out the check.

then....ignore the emails til you see whatever it is and enjoy life til you know

• Haha 1