Cadets 2020

24 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have no idea what the news from YEA/Cadets/DCI or whatever will be, but if it is "bad news" (whatever that may be) they need to release it. 

Bad news NEVER get better with age. 

It is actually good news for the future of the Cadets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Says the person who labels anyone a "borg" when they speak positively of Cadets...

Nope. Couldn’t be farther from the truth.  I have used borg. Absolutely. And the context is that it’s in reaction to an extreme attack on a poster who dare ask a question or pose a challenge. And the reactions, from multiple posters, are uncannily almost identical. “Contact the corps.”  “Send the corps an email.”  “They’ll release information when the are ready to.”  “Cadets hater.”  “Anti Cadets.”  

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Nope. Couldn’t be farther from the truth.  I have used borg. Absolutely. And the context is that it’s in reaction to an extreme attack on a poster who dare ask a question or pose a challenge. And the reactions, from multiple posters, are uncannily almost identical. “Contact the corps.”  “Send the corps an email.”  “They’ll release information when the are ready to.”  “Cadets hater.”  “Anti Cadets.”  

Well, imo I think it'd be logical that if you're seeking information from The Cadets, it'd be better to get the information from...The Cadets. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

In all honesty,I would hope that YEA/the Cadets will have made some type of "official" announcement before  then.

Although I may take a ride,just to hear the corps.

Go see & hear the corps! Wish I was closer so I was able to! I've heard some audio and it was very exciting!

My understanding is the corps members will be getting "the plan" at the camp - everything I've heard about "the plan" through others sounds positive. THEN Cadets are hosting a "Alumni meeting" on 2/18 to announce "the plan" to/with them. THEN I would expect more communication to donors/volunteers and public.

That's what I've heard about the plan to communicate the plan. Sounds like members > alumni/volunteers/donors them public/others

Seems smart to me.

• Like 2

The problem is that everyone knows that “something” is going to be announced. The Cadets are being quiet about it, so speculation ensues. We could be good church mice and not talk about it, but that never happens now or before the internet. We’re just more efficient now. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Go see & hear the corps! Wish I was closer so I was able to! I've heard some audio and it was very exciting!

My understanding is the corps members will be getting "the plan" at the camp - everything I've heard about "the plan" through others sounds positive. THEN Cadets are hosting a "Alumni meeting" on 2/18 to announce "the plan" to/with them. THEN I would expect more communication to donors/volunteers and public.

That's what I've heard about the plan to communicate the plan. Sounds like members > alumni/volunteers/donors them public/others

Seems smart to me.

I  plan on going to the March Camp in N.J.

Based on the Cadets' intention to announce their plan at the 2/18 Alumni meeting,

I would expect some type of announcement before I go.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I  plan on going to the March Camp in N.J.

Based on the Cadets' intention to announce their plan at the 2/18 Alumni meeting,

I would expect some type of announcement before I go.

I would guess that would happen around 2/18. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Same as the responses here. Actually probably nicer. Here, anyone who dares ask a fairly innocuous question is labeled a Cadets hater, or anti - Cadets, by the usual suspects. 

The same who defended Hop personally and/or design wise.

31 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I would guess that would happen around 2/18. 

That's what I would think.

This way,everyone is on the same page when it comes to the Cadets plans.