Cadets 2020

34 minutes ago, FTNK said:

The same who defended Hop personally and/or design wise.

Lol you knew who Hop was before you marched Cadets, there were some great design choices in the 80s and 90s (and some in the 2000s), and we all didn't know then what we know now so climb down off it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lol you knew who Hop was before you marched Cadets, there were some great design choices in the 80s and 90s (and some in the 2000s), and we all didn't know then what we know now so climb down off it. 

giphy.gif

I know, I marched there because of 2005 (and because of the incredible Cadet-alum staff members I had in a lower-tier corps). Doesn't make 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 design choices good. What's your point? 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:08 PM, njthundrrd said:
  • Go to a camp, if you live close. Heck, drive or fly, if you really want a treat.
  • Offer to wash dishes or do airport runs. Offer to buy something the corps needs to feed the corps that weekend. Even a few dozen donuts goes a long way and is appreciated. 
  • Listen to ensemble and hear what they are playing and/or go to the parent meeting at the end of the day to hear what Denise has to say.

I bet you change your mind when you leave. 
Here are the upcoming camps.... https://yea.org/events 

I live 7,000 miles away. I hope they make it to June, when I'll be back closer to them.

9 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I know, I marched there because of 2005 (and because of the incredible Cadet-alum staff members I had in a lower-tier corps). Doesn't make 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 design choices good. What's your point? 

"...defended Hop personally and design wise..." so my point was you knew who he was before you marched and you still chose to march there. Prior to the years you mentioned, the designs were great, hence the many championships and silver and bronze medals they have. 

10 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

"...defended Hop personally and design wise..." so my point was you knew who he was before you marched and you still chose to march there. Prior to the years you mentioned, the designs were great, hence the many championships and silver and bronze medals they have. 

I'm talking about people [[[George Dixon]]] who defended his design choices to the death

And for the record, I don't think you could "know who he was" fully until you saw the ######## in front of you every single "day meeting," Hop talk, wakeup, and pre-show....

7 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I'm talking about people [[[George Dixon]]] who defended his design choices to the death

And for the record, I don't think you could "know who he was" fully until you saw the ######## in front of you every single "day meeting," Hop talk, wakeup, and pre-show....

I guess. 

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

I defended HIS design choices "to death"?

Not bashing isn't the same as defending - I've been very critical, particularly in the past five years

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I  plan on going to the March Camp in N.J.

Based on the Cadets' intention to announce their plan at the 2/18 Alumni meeting,

I would expect some type of announcement before I go.

Yup I'd personally expect something the week after the 2/18 meeting. Based on nothing but "what would make sense"

3 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

As long as those writing out $4,500 / $5,000 checks have the full story, it's all cool.

absolutely - they do and they will 

• Like 1