Cadets 2020

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

absolutely - they do and they will 

I've heard the next camp is when they'll let the corps know if they are going ahead, or folding. 💁‍♂️

I choose loyalty to ethics over loyalty to ThE MaRoOn AnD GoLd and for the record, my family has contributed thousands of dollars to YEA

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

I've heard the next camp is when they'll let the corps know if they are going ahead, or folding. 💁‍♂️

I choose loyalty to ethics over loyalty to ThE MaRoOn AnD GoLd and for the record, my family has contributed thousands of dollars to YEA

well - they aren't "folding" and they have a solid plan to move forward

YEA! donations went to the members op expenses at the time so a valuable investment - well done by you, and I, and many others. We've impacted many young people!

after the 2/16-17 camp there's a 2/18 alumni meeting then I'd guess public announcements of "the plan"

I'm personally VERY excited for the Cadets - time to excise Hopkins and his "building magnificent human being" liberal BS instead of building a strong organization and treating staff/volunteers appropriately 

There's people posting in this thread that are victims. And there's people posting in this thread that are part of the future. 

I think we'll all be excited this summer and when we hear "the plan"

"Cadets organization" 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 1/29/2020 at 1:15 PM, dans said:

No, I interpret those who refuse to accept first-hand information as people hoping for the demise of the corps. You can pick the flag up now.

How about quoting a single post in this thread where someone is "hoping for the demise of the corps?"

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, Tim K said:

A few things about parent organizations:

If you look at a church as an example, a church can often have its congregation, but may also run a daycare, school, after school program, food pantry, etc. Chances are the school, daycare, food pantry, and other entities have separate tax ID numbers, which make them separate legal entities though the owner/parent is the church. This allows for some flexibility. Let’s just say the church can no longer afford to run one of the entities, it can be spun off. In the case of a school, this would be a huge advantage because it does not lose accreditation. In the case of YEA, US Bands and Cadets most likely have separate tax ID numbers. YEA can sell US Bands, it could spin off Cadets. If YEA decided to no longer sponsor Cadets, they would still be a drum corps. DCI deals with the corps, not the parent company, so if they met the criteria, they could compete without breaking any rules or violating policies. Over the years that has happened. Churches, VFW groups, scouting organizations sponsored corps and withdrew sponsorship and some of those corps compete to this day. In the case of Cadets, they were once Holy Name Cadets, Boston Crusaders were MPB Crusaders (Most Precious Blood), Bridgemen were once St. Andrew’s Bridgemen. If the parent organization disbands the corps, that’s a different matter. IC Reveries seniors were disbanded after the sit down strike and 27th Lancers came to be. It would also be a different matter if staff decided to break away from a parent organization and begin a new corps. 

And no non-profit can ever be sold.  YEA could never legally "sell" US Bands.

49 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

How about quoting a single post in this thread where someone is "hoping for the demise of the corps?"

oh come on, this is DCP, don't be logical

On 1/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, skevinp said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Cadets pass-out at 31 Flavors last night.

Dark Helmet: I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.
Lone Star: So what does that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing!

9 hours ago, TwoValves said:

You won’t find one. Nobody wants that. But some here like to have thin skin and get their feelings hurt, so they like to  “interpret” posts that way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:47 PM, garfield said:

Well now, come on.  This is not actually true - it's not a binary situation.  It's entirely possible that someone with actual knowledge would post on the thread, especially when trying to correct an imprecise angle of argument.  They tend to speak up if they can get past rolling their eyes.  It doesn't help when posters with real information, which may seem diametrical to the line of reasoning, is deemed crazy and then marginalized as being uninformed - especially by those whom you describe above.  Admittedly, there are those who are widely known as loons or nutcases - I'm not referring to them.

I've seen several posters here who are stating information that I thought would have been known only by someone who attends meetings, volunteers and talks to volunteers, serves on a board or committee, or otherwise stays "plugged in" to the corps and activity. 

It's not so hard to imagine the gravitas of the people lurking, and even posting.  Can one really identify the people behind their anonymous DCP screen names?  If you don't know them personally, I think you'd be surprised who watches, posts, is active, and is here to learn and understand, including donors, sponsors, and equipment providers - not just directors and corps board members.

Exactly and some of this information in this thread being posted is coming directly from Cadets active alumni very close to the situation and the Cadets board (either directly or word of mouth)

Someone’s always watching.