Cadets 2020

14 hours ago, George Dixon said:

well - they aren't "folding" and they have a solid plan to move forward

YEA! donations went to the members op expenses at the time so a valuable investment - well done by you, and I, and many others. We've impacted many young people!

after the 2/16-17 camp there's a 2/18 alumni meeting then I'd guess public announcements of "the plan"

I'm personally VERY excited for the Cadets - time to excise Hopkins and his "building magnificent human being" liberal BS instead of building a strong organization and treating staff/volunteers appropriately 

There's people posting in this thread that are victims. And there's people posting in this thread that are part of the future. 

I think we'll all be excited this summer and when we hear "the plan"

"Cadets organization" 

They may want to change their mission statement then.

Our Mission is to support the development of young people into magnificent human beings through participation in the performing arts.

Edited by Spinning

10 hours ago, TwoValves said:

And no non-profit can ever be sold.  YEA could never legally "sell" US Bands.

Non profits certainly can buy and sell assets. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spinning said:

Our Mission is to support the development of young people into magnificent human beings through participation in the performing arts.

Why? A strong Cadet organization supports that mission just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spinning said:

That was my point. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, George Dixon said:

well - they aren't "folding" and they have a solid plan to move forward

YEA! donations went to the members op expenses at the time so a valuable investment - well done by you, and I, and many others. We've impacted many young people!

after the 2/16-17 camp there's a 2/18 alumni meeting then I'd guess public announcements of "the plan"

I'm personally VERY excited for the Cadets - time to excise Hopkins and his "building magnificent human being" liberal BS instead of building a strong organization and treating staff/volunteers appropriately 

There's people posting in this thread that are victims. And there's people posting in this thread that are part of the future. 

I think we'll all be excited this summer and when we hear "the plan"

"Cadets organization" 

Totally agree but you build a strong organization and treating staff / volunteers and may I add all others including other corps by building a respectful human beings So the " liberal BS statement is actually contrary to the mission itself. 

Cadets have ALWAYS, even going back before the formation of DCI 1st and foremost taught respect . This is nothing new to the Cadets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Totally agree but you build a strong organization and treating staff / volunteers and may I add all others including other corps by building a respectful human beings So the " liberal BS statement is actually contrary to the mission itself. 

Cadets have ALWAYS, even going back before the formation of DCI 1st and foremost taught respect . This is nothing new to the Cadets.

Liberal BS. Rolls eyes. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Never in my years as an MM or as a fan, did I ever encounter a Cadet who wasn't respectful. That includes percussion staff as well as volunteers. I never personally spoke to Hopkins and apparently that's a good thing. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Never in my years as an MM or as a fan, did I ever encounter a Cadet who wasn't respectful. That includes percussion staff as well as volunteers. I never personally spoke to Hopkins and apparently that's a good thing. 

99.9% of them are wonderful people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I meant coming from Hopkins. The intent in my view was a corporate BS statement vs. a way of life

I'd like Cadets to have a fresh start, a fresh mission statement is part of that... 

Treating those with respect and coaching respect for oneself and others is core to anything that will move us forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2