Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here....

Please refrain from political posting from anywhere along the spectrum. 

Haha!

I keep laughing about what a "high-up" guy in the activity said to me:  "It's absolutely true that passions run VERY high in our little activity".

Add those passions to the, let's say, polar passions of politics in one thread and :sneaky::whip::fight::tugowar::doh:

Mods jobs ain't easy, for sure.

45 minutes ago, garfield said:

This is right.  It will be, and reflect, the Cadets and all of its traditions.  Not GH.  That ######## is dead to the org and they should kill every outward reminder of him and his $$ schemes, including YEA! and USBands.  Jettison.  "Sell" them (someone here says that can't be done, but...). 

Start new, with the old.

The profit from USBands was very nice for the Cadets. I’m not a Hop fan, but that was a good move if he started it. 

Here I’ll take a stab at a new mission statement:  hard work, pursuit of excellence, and memories for a lifetime. 
And fluffy bunnies. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

They sold the Crossmen

excellent point made before and conveniently ignored

12 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Never in my years as an MM or as a fan, did I ever encounter a Cadet who wasn't respectful. That includes percussion staff as well as volunteers. I never personally spoke to Hopkins and apparently that's a good thing. 

the members have always been great

• Like 2

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

it's really getting hard to post and respond here...

HOPKINS was always posting FAR LEFT "ideals" but didn't live up to THEM

I wasn't criticizing liberal ideals - I believe in most if not all of them

who cares what slant his views had. here's an easier way to phrase it and save yourself a headache and stop you from making your hole deeper:

" he talked all kinds of stuff and yet never practiced what he preached"

problem solved

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Coming from Hopkins yes it was BS IMO

you disagree? 

hypocrites have no political favorite side. hypocrites come from all walks of life and viewpoints

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

The profit from USBands was very nice for the Cadets. I’m not a Hop fan, but that was a good move if he started it. 

the profits have been dropping. i am amazed they still have indoor

15 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

As I said, I think it's being too nitpicky to get rid of a mission statement because you feel it is associated and been betrayed by a man who didn't live up to it himself. 

I would tend to agree. The mission statement should remain the same as long as the organization believes that it is still valid. There have been people who didn't live up to the mission statement of organizations for as long as there have been mission statements. Now, if the mission statement needs to be updated because the goals of the non-profit have changed, then go right ahead. But I think to 2000's point, the act of changing a mission statement simply because of association to an individual is unnecessary. Just my MHO.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

who cares what slant his views had. here's an easier way to phrase it and save yourself a headache and stop you from making your hole deeper:

" he talked all kinds of stuff and yet never practiced what he preached"

problem solved

I’m not the one who cares or cared

just to be clear