Cadets 2020

23 hours ago, Spinning said:

George didn’t create The Cadets, but he created that mission statement.  I guess that’s why I feel it should go and I have been saying this since he was fired.

since we don't know what we don't know, at least publicly, let's say there could be changes to this too.

15 hours ago, dans said:

This thread has become exhausting. I fully expect this simple comment will prompt an insult. 

i'm insulted it didn't spawn a war

• Haha 2

On 2/3/2020 at 12:17 AM, Jeff Ream said:

Exceptionally detailed article that pretty clearly explains why it would be virtually impossible for Varsity to ever "buy" YEA or any part of it. 

The most key point is that money cannot flow from the non-profit to the for-profit.   Varsity could effective "control" YEA by appointing/electing a board that would do their bidding, but all that could come of that would be Varsity money being given to YEA/USBands to carry out their mission.  USBands was making money for YEA that was used, in part, to fund Cadets.  USBand could never legally use money it made to boost Varsity's revenue and bottom line. 

4 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Exceptionally detailed article that pretty clearly explains why it would be virtually impossible for Varsity to ever "buy" YEA or any part of it. 

The most key point is that money cannot flow from the non-profit to the for-profit.   Varsity could effective "control" YEA by appointing/electing a board that would do their bidding, but all that could come of that would be Varsity money being given to YEA/USBands to carry out their mission.  USBands was making money for YEA that was used, in part, to fund Cadets.  USBand could never legally use money it made to boost Varsity's revenue and bottom line. 

Here's an idea:  Varsity runs USBands to profitability and reinvests its profits in the competition circuit to rival BOA and others, then use the circuit to cross-sell other Varsity products and  services.

There's no law against Varsity "profiting" off of a relationship with a competition circuit they own and operate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm insulted it didn't spawn a war

Man... can you imagine if all this happened 20 years ago, what RAMD would be like?

It would make Mount St. Helens look like steam from someone's clothes dryer.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... can you imagine if all this happened 20 years ago, what RAMD would be like?

It would make Mount St. Helens look like steam from someone's clothes dryer.  LOL.

Guess who I am thinking of....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Forgive my ignorance.

I keep reading posts about "varsity".

Is that varsity.com,the company that handles cheer competitions,or is there another entity ?

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yes.

Thanks.

Now I have to ask,what are probably  a couple of dumb questions.

1.In looking at their web site,it only talks about "cheer".

Do they currently have any involvement with marching band or drum corps ?

2.If they don't,why do people think they would in the future ?