Cadets 2020

19 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

ACC's one year I saw a women throw her hot chocolate at a band dad who wouldn't stop making fun of her kids band - police got involved and ejected her from the stands. It was fantastic. And way back when my younger sister was still marching in our (very competitive) HS band they won ACC's only to get back to the busses and find out someone let air out of most the tires. 😞

Wow.  That’s some serious band stuff. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow.  That’s some serious band stuff. 

Thank you grumpy ###ed WWII vet band director I had. He wouldn’t let the band compete because we had kids who needed help with self confidence. He knew if we competed those kids would catch crap for their non-talent. “Do you think other band members would give them crap “. “Not the other kids... the ### #### band parents!”. (Yeah he swore too and chain smoked like a chimney)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

ACC's one year I saw a women throw her hot chocolate at a band dad who wouldn't stop making fun of her kids band - police got involved and ejected her from the stands. It was fantastic. And way back when my younger sister was still marching in our (very competitive) HS band they won ACC's only to get back to the busses and find out someone let air out of most the tires. 😞

Wow.... sounds more like a Steelers-Browns game. :laughing:

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 7:39 PM, George Dixon said:

i saw a parent follow a judge into the Stadium Club yelling and screaming that they screwed their kid. Yeah Moosic's finest got involved

of course i went to USBands PA states last fall and saw parents yelling about a judge on the panel who taught their group the year before

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

also sharing some rare footage from 87 - full corps on the field, drum rehearsals and some ensemble

such a melodic line that year - 

mmmmmm 87

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

mmmmmm 87

I saw only one DCI show that summer (was working three media gigs so I barely had time to breathe...LOL)... but I picked a good one. A NJ show with Cadets, SCV, and what turned out to be the best 12th-place show I've ever seen (Sky Ryders). 

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I saw only one DCI show that summer (was working three media gigs so I barely had time to breathe...LOL)... but I picked a good one. A NJ show with Cadets, SCV, and what turned out to be the best 12th-place show I've ever seen (Sky Ryders). 

Agreed..Sky Riders sold it well!

9 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

GREAT pick by you for "one show" that year. I loved so many shows that  year - Regiment for example with that winter in white rebuilding show. VK was a blast, Sky Ryders, Cavaliers, etc etc etc... 

• Like 1