Cadets 2020

25 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

New Cadet board member announcements coming before the end of March (or sooner)

New website coming before the end of March.

Every donation made on the YEA! website goes 100% to The Cadets until the new website is up. 

Brass camp this weekend in Bradenton, FL (at Lakewood Ranch HS) info here - https://yea.org/civicrm/event/info%3Fid%3D311%26reset%3D1 

Thank you to DCP for your continued support!

84469122_10217776011805965_1317348099831

Exciting times for the Cadets and their fans! Thank you sir for all you are doing to help the Cadets move upward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Not a word about who is running the new cadets organization? Weird.

Nor whether the new Cadets organization will continue to be headquartered in Allentown, or somewhere else?

Edited by ykw

2 minutes ago, ykw said:

Nor whether the new Cadets organization will continue to be headquartered in Allentown, or somewhere else?

I hope somewhere else. JMO

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Speaking of the Cadets 2020 and 1980...LOL... 

I just realized that this year is the 40-year anniversary of "the year that saved the Cadets"... when the corps was on the brink of going under before the season started, then rallied and made it back into Finals. 

At least sentimentally 1980 is my favorite Cadets show. I always love to see leaps and bounds improvement during the season and that was the case with Garfield Cadets in 1980. I saw them early in the season in 1980. The show was unfinished and didn’t seem to have all that much potential. It wasn’t horrendous and had enjoyable moments, but I never expected that when I turned on the television to watch finals on PBS to see who made finals, Garfield Cadets would be a finalist. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ykw said:

Headquarters to be based in Iceland. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

isn't the area where YEA HQ is due to be razed as part of the downtown renovation project? 

On 2/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, exitmusic said:

Why does US Bands have to stay non-profit?

Because it IS currently a non-profit, and because it is not legally "owned" by anyone, it can therefore not be sold to anyone who chooses to use it to make a profit. It can only be dissolved, and it's assets sold to pay debt, with any remaining assets donated to another non-profit. 

Given the announcement, I would bet money that Varsity is poised to simply become the presenting sponsor of all USBands events and use those events to drive demand for their products like Stanbury uniforms and whatever other lines of supplies for bands they choose to promote.  They already have fundraising, awards and trophies, memorabilia etc.  Lots of ways to sell products to a whole new market segment.

• Like 1