Cadets 2020

11 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Well - 

M&G campaign is one of the most successful giving campaigns in DCI

They run several large shows

They run a major wine & food event - been growing for several years (last years a record I heard)

performance fees + member dues

corporate sponsors 

more in the works I would hope!

You forgot appearance fees from DCI participation, and revenue sharing from being a DCI member corps.

• Like 1

My prediction, which i can say now because it wrong and I won’t be starting a rumor, was that they would administratively merge with The Crossmen and share administrative overhead. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Because it IS currently a non-profit, and because it is not legally "owned" by anyone, it can therefore not be sold to anyone who chooses to use it to make a profit. It can only be dissolved, and it's assets sold to pay debt, with any remaining assets donated to another non-profit. 

A for-profit corporation cannot own a non-profit as you correctly stated, but it can run and manage a non-profit corporation. It can appoint all or some of the non-profit board, and it can manage financials, as long as that is not mixed in with the for-profit financials. There needs to be a definite wall separating the two, but it is possible. For-profits often have non-profit charitable foundations, for example.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I hope somewhere else. JMO

***Cough cough***Annapolis***cough cough***  :tongue:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Headquarters to be based in Iceland. 

giphy.gif

Well lot of daylight for night practices. Was there Memorial Day weekend one year and at midnight just turning to dusk. Bugger was walking up and thinking you overslept because the sun was up. Then you realize it’s 4:30am. 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Because it IS currently a non-profit, and because it is not legally "owned" by anyone, it can therefore not be sold to anyone who chooses to use it to make a profit. It can only be dissolved, and it's assets sold to pay debt, with any remaining assets donated to another non-profit. 

This is just so, so, so incorrect. 501(c)(3) designation is purely optional. The company could convert to a for-profit entity relatively simply and then sell itself to the highest bidder. This isn't rocket science. What is the purpose of US Bands continuing to operate as a non-profit when the tax code has effectively gutted any incentives for individuals to donate money to charities? Why not make as much money as possible, with no restriction?

29 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

This is just so, so, so incorrect. 501(c)(3) designation is purely optional. The company could convert to a for-profit entity relatively simply and then sell itself to the highest bidder. This isn't rocket science. What is the purpose of US Bands continuing to operate as a non-profit when the tax code has effectively gutted any incentives for individuals to donate money to charities? Why not make as much money as possible, with no restriction?

you just have to itemize for the deduction - and while limits are in place (30-60% of income?) it's still a top and generous incentive

Yes - I believe USB will be sold and then YEA! will use that $$ to satisfy debt prior to dissolving YEA! -- or perhaps the USB income is used to satisfy debt. Either possibility exist