Cadets 2020

54 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Apparently I've been working too long...

I thought the same thing ... so I retired!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Do not confuse reorganization (aka bankruptcy) with successor liability, where a creditor sues on a contract. 

agreed - just "fleeing" doesn't completely shield them from some debt/liability - depending on who/what/when/signed by etc

and certainly they just can't flee with "YEA! assets" - things would be purchased at "fair market value" like old vehicles etc.. 

I would GUESS Cadets are carrying along any debt to suppliers or DCI? Things tied directly to the "Cadets" as a performance ensemble

I would GUESS that YEA! is carrying debt for shows USB sponsored shows, salary owed, potential lawsuit liability re: GH

If I was involved on running Cadets right now I would seriously limit putting many/any assets in the "Cadets" new organization name until the clouds clear

Perhaps some upcoming settlement or bankruptcy which is signed off on by a JUDGE vs. the various DCP experts. Then they can truly "move on"

This all could take a while to sort out - "fortunately" lawyers tend to "follow the money" and "fish where the fish are" and this may save them in the longer run...Cadets are pretty fishless these days... 

• Like 1

Don’t miss the next in our series of Meet The Cadets webinars this Thursday at 8 pm EST.

To watch and join in go online to live.cadets.com. 

Read more here https://zcu.io/KXmH#TheCadets #Cadets2020

86790885_10158222486326349_5409363618271

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 10:03 PM, GUARDLING said:

Well. If you remember they were also with another corps that year ( staff ) Your details are for sure right but all I will add is that at some point near the time of Whitewater a warning had been given. If you remember, a great staff, a new approach, a new era beginning etc. etc. and along with that came a bit of arrogance .

The sad thing to me was that we had such a great year in 1971, with Frank Dorittie, George Tuthill and Bobby Hoffman as the staff. When George was let go after 71, a good percentage of the drumline left and went to the Cabs where he was also drum instructor. If I recall, 2 of 4 snares, 2 of 4 timps and all 3 of the tri-tom section quit. None of us were near to aging out. If we could have kept the line together, who knows where we could have gone the next couple of years. i did go back in late winter, but I played horn...I mean, who wanted to be in a Fred Sanford drumline?    🙄   

Edited by MikeD
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

noticing a trend of more and more events in NJ....a hint perhaps?

Actually, the location has been used before for Cadet functions. One of the people running it happens to be a member at the country club where it is happening. You may be right, but I would not read too much into this one.

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

7 working days until retirement so raising my hand too....

oh Lord. i'll warn the Borough

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

If You People aren’t going to tell me what the Cadets 2020 repertoire is, we will have no choice but to fill this idle time with these sidebars. 

What makes you so sure their repertoire isn’t about bankruptcy?  

It probably wouldn’t be the worst choice they ever made.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

And we all know diesels do not like running at low power. Many problems happen, not the least of which is fuel carry over into the exhaust manifold, which eventually catches fire and stinks up the place. 

I appreciate the exhaustive research you put into this.

• Haha 1