Cadets 2020

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

two more upcoming webinars

March 19, 2020 8:00pm EST UPCOMING
Meet the The Brass Design Team

April 20, 2020 8:00pm EST UPCOMING
Meet the The Design Team

So - the one that just happened >

there were two trolls on the questions - Moi and Harrison - hard to take either seriously. Wonder if they are also posting here? (Magic 8 ball says yes)

Some news:

4 team members covered bio

BOD announced March 31

New website March 31

Organization name is simply "Cadets Organization"

Implied the 2 satellite camps were a longer view strategy to increase the reach of the organization

Horn line non-contracted spots down to single digits - complimented talent level

Percussion full with "incredible talent"

corps running 2 shows (Allentown and Annapolis) plus a third they are still finalizing venue 

Guard at 50% contracted which is ahead of the 30% they were at last year same time

Brass has first two tunes 30% - brass getting third at next camp & at April camp rest of music will be to brass & percussion

Wine & Cheese fundraiser in April - invites and details soon, great success last year

YES - they can legally accept donations at this time

April - show would be announced on Maroon & Gold Day

Ticket sales through DCI this season (I personally would assume this is how DCI will recoup funds for YEA! debt

Music copyright secured stands at 85% and should be 100% very soon

ST site (implied at a university) announced "within a week or so" 

Drill/Visual design - moving along well

Re: Alumni > communication a focus and newsletter out soon

YES - you will know it's THE Cadets as soon as you see the corps

Things not addressed - the status of YEA! more explanation to the "divorce" other than saying it will allow the new organization to focus on the corps 

Did not delve into legal matters etc - so those topics went untouched

good information

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Things not addressed - the status of YEA! more explanation to the "divorce" other than saying it will allow the new organization to focus on the corps 

Did not delve into legal matters etc - so those topics went untouched

So to all the people saying "if you want answers, just ask the corps leadership"... what do you say now?

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

So to all the people saying "if you want answers, just ask the corps leadership"... what do you say now?

They weren’t asked on the webinar but a couple times they said email or call them with any further questions. So I’d call them

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dans said:

Thank you sir for the reasonable response to the Cadets webinar. The cynicism about this organization is really sad. I have faith in the current team and believe they are on a positive trajectory. Feel free to insult me if you want. 

I have faith as well. The most I’ve had in at least a decade. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MikeD said:

Thanks for the update. It seems to have covered the items I would expect at such a webinar. They have a lot of work ahead, but it seems they are moving the "front of the house" forward while at the same time working on the "back of the house". I would doubt much of the back information would be released until it is 100% finalized and in operation.

My concern is that it seems like the "back of the house" is where a lot of heavy lifting is still required.

I wish last night's webinar would have had someone(s) from the "back of the house" give out some information.

I understand moving the "front of house " forward.

But ,to use a racing analogy:

You can't go around the track at 100 mph,while you're changing a flat tire.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

My concern is that it seems like the "back of the house" is where a lot of heavy lifting is still required.

I wish last night's webinar would have had someone(s) from the "back of the house" give out some information.

I also watched the Facebook meeting they had last weekend. It appears to me that Denise is doing a LOT of the work. Not just the front of the house, but the back as well. They said she has been constantly putting in 12 hour days trying to get this done. She used the term "lean and mean". They are saving a lot of money by not filling in staff at multiple positions and those people that they do have are busting their tails to get things done. 

To me, it sounds like the admin is establishing a work ethic that mirrors The Cadets ideals perfectly. It's only going to be that much easier to get the members locked in if the admin is practicing what they preach. 

I think the road will get easier for the admin, but right now they appear to all be on the same page in that there is a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. I do think the right people are in place.

• Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, East9900 said:

I also watched the Facebook meeting they had last weekend. It appears to me that Denise is doing a LOT of the work. Not just the front of the house, but the back as well. They said she has been constantly putting in 12 hour days trying to get this done. She used the term "lean and mean". They are saving a lot of money by not filling in staff at multiple positions and those people that they do have are busting their tails to get things done. 

To me, it sounds like the admin is establishing a work ethic that mirrors The Cadets ideals perfectly. It's only going to be that much easier to get the members locked in if the admin is practicing what they preach. 

I think the road will get easier for the admin, but right now they appear to all be on the same page in that there is a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. I do think the right people are in place.

Knowing Denise by reputation,I have no doubt about the amount of work she and her limited staff are putting in.

I do hope they have/ are putting some of the money they are saving into hiring  legal and financial experts,including for establishing their 501(c) (3)

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Knowing Denise by reputation,I have no doubt about the amount of work she and her limited staff are putting in.

I do hope they have/ are putting some of the money they are saving into hiring  legal and financial experts,including for establishing their 501(c) (3)

Denise knows what she's doing and also knows the importance of making sure the right people are in place. She has an extensive business background and has said that is one thing that separates herself from many other DCI directors. I cannot imagine she doesn't understand the importance of a 501 (c) (3) or doesn't know what needs to be done to get one or the challenges involved in it. If they would need to hire a financial expert to get it done, then I don't doubt they would do that. This is business 101 stuff and if someone like Denise couldn't figure that out, then she is a complete moron. She doesn't come across as a moron to me. 

In time perhaps I'll be proven wrong. But this time I think I'm right. I just think they deserve to be given the opportunity to show they can do this. 

Edited by East9900
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

There are more webinars coming up. I hope they do not release any information that is not 100% nailed down. As the back is where they are still working on setting up the organization, I am fine not knowing until they are ready to release the information. This is not a one-hour TV show (actually around 42 minutes with commercials) where everything is wrapped up in that hour.

• Like 2