Cadets 2020

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well with Bloo i think in 15 it was "if you can dodge an axe you can dodge a sphere"

That is his exact quote ... but he dodged a sphere  much better than he dodged an ax!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That is his exact quote ... but he dodged a sphere  much better than he dodged an ax!

The whole axe thing was so amazingly irresponsible. The blue sphere thing.....let's just say I'm glad I never had the passion to go into judging. I don't run from anything that isn't 1. chasing me and 2. can kill me. And a blue sphere just ain't gonna kill me...so go ahead and run me over guys. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

He saw the sphere coming 

• Like 1

MARCH BRASS CAMP UPDATE.

Out of caution. Camp this weekend has been cancelled.

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dans said:

Can't wait. My wife and I will be there!

MARCH BRASS CAMP UPDATE.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

MARCH BRASS CAMP UPDATE.

I suspect the decision made at West Chester yesterday was the tipping point. 

https://www.wcupa.edu/communications/newsroom/2020/03.10update.aspx

Colleges are closing their on-campus housing (West Chester, Rutgers, and others) and moving to online instruction; many students are being forced to relocate this weekend.

Edited by ykw

24 minutes ago, ykw said:

Colleges are closing their on-campus housing (West Chester, Rutgers, and others) and moving to online instruction; many students are being forced to relocate this weekend.

Saw that yesterday also. Almost all the PA cases (11 out of 12 IIRC) are in SE PA. Mostly Montgomery County so fairly close to WC.

45 minutes ago, ykw said:

and man has that decision caused an uproar...people want refunds for hosuing, kids with campus jobs have no money for rent now....not good

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

https://yea.org/node/10199

CADETS CANCEL MARCH 13-15 BRASS CAMP

Created on Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020 11:30:18

MARCH 11, 2020-ALLENTOWN, PA: Due to the increasing number of health concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 and the fact that New Jersey has declared a state of emergency, The Cadets, in consultation with Youth Education in the Arts (YEA!) Board President, Doug Rutherford, and DCI Executive Director, Dan Acheson, has decided to cancel this weekend’s Brass Camp which was to be held in Salem, New Jersey.

Cadets Director, Denise Bonfiglio, stated that, “the health and welfare of students, staff, and volunteers was the main focus of this decision.”

The Cadets administrative team has made all students, staff, and volunteers aware of this cancellation, and are making arrangements to cancel or transfer all travel arrangements for those making the trip to and staying in New Jersey for this camp.

"We are monitoring this situation daily and consulting with medical professionals," Bonfiglio went on to say. "We will be staying abreast of any changes and how the potential spread of COVID-19 could impact future events.”

• Like 1