Cadets 2020

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s going to happen.  The only thing in dispute now is the date of the announcement of the cancellation of the season.  Is it 4/10 or 4/15?   

Jim has missed drum corps for one season in 67 years.  He was in Cambodia in 1975.  I haven’t missed one since 1968. 

I hear ya, I also been in since birth, Family dates back to the 40s in the activity. Who would have thought, even a few months ago that we would see something happen so fast in our lifetimes. Stay safe and healthy to you both and all who read this. AS far as DCI, come on now, every corps has talked about it, I know this 1st hand so lets do it.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I hear ya, I also been in since birth, Family dates back to the 40s in the activity. Who would have thought, even a few months ago that we would see something happen so fast in our lifetimes. Stay safe and healthy to you both and all who read this. AS far as DCI, come on now, every corps has talked about it, I know this 1st hand so lets do it.

You stay safe, too.  🤗

• Thanks 1

i haven't missed drum corps since conception. but right now, there's bigger fish to fry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, health is more important so since NBA, NHL and life in general is cancelled, DCI might as well do it too. 

I'll tell you this much. I'm __________ angry and can't wait until November (that's when I retire out the military, just so there's no confusion). 

That's all I'll say about that. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just can’t see how it’ll happen. Gotta get housing transportation and volunteering lined up and with schools shutting down longer I see no way.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I just can’t see how it’ll happen. Gotta get housing transportation and volunteering lined up and with schools shutting down linger I see no way.

Thinking economic picture for lot of members and their families is going to change drastically. Even if epidemic is over the members may need to work graveyard shift at the convenience store so family can makes ends meet. Savings may be nailed for a lot of families

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking economic picture for lot of members and their families is going to change drastically. Even if epidemic is over the members may need to work graveyard shift at the convenience store so family can makes ends meet. Savings may be nailed for a lot of families

Yup. My job is now non essential. Loans don’t close I don’t get paid

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yup. My job is now non essential. Loans don’t close I don’t get paid

Our favorite dine in restaurants are now take out/curb service.  I feel like we're really good tippers & I'm concerned about their great service staff.  I'm going to tip extra for take out & request that they establish an account to apply any gratuities to their workers.  Several members of their staff were in classes taught by my wife & myself.  Sad times...    

Edited by keystone3ply
addition
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Notice on radio, Walmart is hiring over 5,000 people and Amazon is also hiring. The current situation is trucks are full with product to deliver to the stores but they can;t find enough people willing to work the grave shift to stock the shelves in the stores. I would love to do this but I'm already doing the Security GIG.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Notice on radio, Walmart is hiring over 5,000 people and Amazon is also hiring. The current situation is trucks are full with product to deliver to the stores but they can;t find enough people willing to work the grave shift to stock the shelves in the stores. I would love to do this but I'm already doing the Security GIG.

Worked rotating shift (all 3 shifts in 4 weeks). Hated 4pm-midnight more than graveyard as at least midnight-8am had a social life in the evening. Just got used to sleeping when others worked and vice versa.

Too bad I’m over 60 and in “oh crap” group as local supermarkets looking from what I saw

• Like 2