Cadets 2020

33 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

The Cadets have let the opportunity to get ahead of the curve and use it to their advantage pass them by. I look at the other top 12 corps and see everyone else already putting out 2021 plans, being honest about difficulties that lay ahead, and what to expect going forward. This has been a problem of the Cadets for an extended period of time.

2021 plans?  No one knows when this will truly be "over".  If a vaccine is 18 months off, the entire 2021 season faces many questions that no one can answer today.

Answers to the simple questions like have the Cadets guaranteed 2020 members a position with them for 2021 as other corps have? should have already been answered. I personally know two members families that are saying their marching members will not go back them in 2021 because of the continued lack of information provided by the Cadets this winter.

The DCI statement specifically states to watch for announcements from and to contact your corps for membership and other related questions.  Being able to address problems as they arise is a sign of a well organized operation. DCI led the way and the corps needed to be prepared to follow, Something that the Cadets appeared NOT ready to do!!!

You are aware that they are reorganizing, right?

And what is the rush?  What is lost if they make 2021 membership policy decisions next week instead of this week?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

The Cadets have let the opportunity to get ahead of the curve and use it to their advantage pass them by. I look at the other top 12 corps and see everyone else already putting out 2021 plans, being honest about difficulties that lay ahead, and what to expect going forward. This has been a problem of the Cadets for an extended period of time.

Answers to the simple questions like have the Cadets guaranteed 2020 members a position with them for 2021 as other corps have? should have already been answered. I personally know two members families that are saying their marching members will not go back them in 2021 because of the continued lack of information provided by the Cadets this winter.

The DCI statement specifically states to watch for announcements from and to contact your corps for membership and other related questions.  Being able to address problems as they arise is a sign of a well organized operation. DCI led the way and the corps needed to be prepared to follow, Something that the Cadets appeared NOT ready to do!!!

I know of one member's family who couldn't be more appreciative of the impressive leadership Denise and her team have shown this season and especially throughout this unprecedented time. 

This member's family has yet to experience the "lack of information" that you have alleged.  But feel free to keep stirring the pot, if it makes you feel better.

Edited by ykw
  • Like 4

“Get ahead of the curve” and falling behind because other corps have released info. Do you want to turn on the ####### news and see what’s going on in the real world. If this is what upsets you, your priorities are screwed.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You are aware that they are reorganizing, right?

And what is the rush?  What is lost if they make 2021 membership policy decisions next week instead of this week?

Yes I am WELL aware they are reorganizing and that just reinforces my points about still being behind on info about the organization. I was actually one of the first people to bring the reorg subject up.

My pulse has beat for the long term stability for the Cadets and my feeling is they are MISSING the opportunity that is before them. 

4 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Yes I am WELL aware they are reorganizing and that just reinforces my points about still being behind on info about the organization. I was actually one of the first people to bring the reorg subject up.

My pulse has beat for the long term stability for the Cadets and my feeling is they are MISSING the opportunity that is before them. 

Where is your answer to the question of why the rush? And if Cadets would rush and mess things up would that be better?

And what is so #### funny about what is going on with coronavirus that you left a laughing face to my previous post

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, fsthnds said:

I don’t know. Seems like if there were ever a situation where we should all pump the brakes and treat each other with patience and kindness, that time is now. So, you Really need an answer today?  No, you don’t.  And you know of kids  saying they won’t go back?  Really?  Seems more like drama and posturing to me. If that’s the way they behave then maybe it’s better for everybody that they don’t come back. Cadets are made of better than that. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Sounds like the Cadets aren’t the organization for you.  My recommendation is that you cut your losses and move on.  Find another corps to grace with your wealth of valuable input.  I’m sure they will understand.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Does anyone know if the Cadets will still be making an announcement about their "independence"  ,on 3/31 ,like they were supposed to ?

my hunch says yes, which may answer everyones questions.

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Sounds like the Cadets aren’t the organization for you.  My recommendation is that you cut your losses and move on.  Find another corps to grace with your wealth of valuable input.  I’m sure they will understand.  

i learned more about Madisons plans listening to a podcast than i did from their website.

it's like 2 days old, no need to rush. even stuff corps have put out don't explicitly spell every detail out

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Answers to the simple questions like have the Cadets guaranteed 2020 members a position with them for 2021 as other corps have?

Can you point me to where other corps have answered this question?

BD's statement and FAQ don't answer it, nor does SVC's, nor Crown's, nor Bluecoat's, nor Boston's...

• Like 1