Cadets 2020

8 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Can you point me to where other corps have answered this question?

BD's statement and FAQ don't answer it, nor does SVC's, nor Crown's, nor Bluecoat's, nor Boston's...

Without even trying and searching every DCI corps. I found FAQ's on websites for Blue Knights, Blue Stars and Cavies that they all are extending contracts to 2021 for members. Boston may not have announced but I hear they are doing the same.

1 minute ago, fsthnds said:

Without even trying and searching every DCI corps. I found FAQ's on websites for Blue Knights, Blue Stars and Cavies that they all are extending contracts to 2021 for members. Boston may not have announced but I hear they are doing the same.

So any of these might be good choices as your new favorite corps to “support”.

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

So any of these might be good choices as your new favorite corps to “support”.

Tell your new corps you enjoy leaving laughing faces on coronavirus posts also. Sure they’d love to have you represent them.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Tell your new corps you enjoy laughing about coronavirus also. Sure they’d love to have you represent them.

I’m picturing all the other corps closing down their “Contact Us” page faster than the doors and shutters in an old west town at high noon.  

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

But gee that’s not fair my darling child was going to try out for (corps name here) for 2021 but now there won’t be openings because they are extending contracts from 2020!

Signed,

Myopic Mandy

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Yes I am WELL aware they are reorganizing and that just reinforces my points about still being behind on info about the organization. I was actually one of the first people to bring the reorg subject up.

My pulse has beat for the long term stability for the Cadets and my feeling is they are MISSING the opportunity that is before them. 

You still have not identified the "opportunity" that can only be achieved by rushing out plans for 2021 eight months and two apocalypses in advance.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

But gee that’s not fair my darling child was going to try out for (corps name here) for 2021 but now there won’t be openings because they are extending contracts from 2020!

Signed,

Myopic Mandy

I've actually this argument made several times now by potential MM's themselves.

Mike

5 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Answers to the simple questions like have the Cadets guaranteed 2020 members a position with them for 2021 as other corps have? should have already been answered. 

They answered this in the webinar last week, that if the season got canceled, contracts would be extended. So, that was communicated to the members, even if it wasn't in shiny text.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1