Cadets 2020

4 minutes ago, dans said:

The potential is certainly there if they can get the talent. 

from neutral observers present, I heard only good reports about the class act and teaching the brass and percussion experienced at the Salem camp. I presume Texas was similar?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

not with guard turnouts like they had last month

Don't significant guard turnouts happen toward the end of WGI season?  I would think most guard talent is sorta focused on their WGI stuff right now?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Don't significant guard turnouts happen toward the end of WGI season?  I would think most guard talent is sorta focused on their WGI stuff right now?

Yes. They have about 15 spots avail and the techs and team have tons of WGI ties so they will hand recruit a bunch 

cadets marching 36 and 4 alternates 

it’s not a huge line to fill out 

brass and percussion are in fine shape

i find it fascinating how these clear Hop fans are becoming so vocal - pretty clear that 2020 is a threat to “everything sucks now” message they continue to religiously pontificate 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Don't be ridiculous. It's DECEMBER. 

April and gang could take an ambitious and hard working young person who’s never spun a flag and turn them into a clean and wonderful performer by mid season. Absolutely nothing to worry about lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

April and gang could take an ambitious and hard working young person who’s never spun a flag and turn them into a clean and wonderful performer by mid season. Absolutely nothing to worry about lol

They have even titled their final camp the April Camp and Guard Final Audition in honor of Ms Gilligan. It is being held next April 24th....hmmmm.....uhhhhh...eerrrrr.....never mind!

:dancin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yes. They have about 15 spots avail and the techs and team have tons of WGI ties so they will hand recruit a bunch 

cadets marching 36 and 4 alternates 

it’s not a huge line to fill out 

brass and percussion are in fine shape

i find it fascinating how these clear Hop fans are becoming so vocal - pretty clear that 2020 is a threat to “everything sucks now” message they continue to religiously pontificate 

must be a court date coming up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1