Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, dans said:

You bring up an interesting point. As hard as it is for most corps to survive these days, you would think drum corps fans in general would be pulling for the Cadets to rebound. It is a strange situation.

Aren’t most drum corps fans pulling for their survival? That doesn’t mean it stops them from pointing out things that don’t look good or are troublesome. For the next couple years, signing the contract is at your own risk. There are financial factors at play that can’t be ignored. I care, but not enough to break out the checkbook. My donation won’t save them anyways.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

Aren’t most drum corps fans pulling for their survival? That doesn’t mean it stops them from pointing out things that don’t look good or are troublesome. For the next couple years, signing the contract is at your own risk. There are financial factors at play that can’t be ignored. I care, but not enough to break out the checkbook. My donation won’t save them anyways.  

this, tho i did donate

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Might a 2016 circuit championship have any influence?

what you mean Dartmouth? taking a jab at Tom?

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

Yeah that's true, but dwelling on the past doesn't help the future. Cadets have a lot of trust to gain back, and they seem to be making tangible changes to earn that trust. Some of what they have been doing aren't really popular, like getting rid of Cadets2, but they're doing what's hard in order to make their future a little easier. There's really no point in pouring salt on the wound. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

I appreciate your thoughts. However, do you really think the current management team isn't very aware of the valid criticisms that are mentioned on this site? The Cadets are not hiding behind the issues they face. It's easy to sit behind the computer and criticize the Cadets. Bit of a different challenge to be tasked with fixing the issues they face. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

what you mean Dartmouth? taking a jab at Tom?

bf59b4cd63267aefe5ad6a4f4a809332

No Mr. Ream, you have misunderstood.

You got the D right, but you forgot the CA as in DCA. If you have done your Reading of this thread more thoroughly, most of the dissidents on this thread wear/wore blue.

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, dans said:

I appreciate your thoughts. However, do you really think the current management team isn't very aware of the valid criticisms that are mentioned on this site? The Cadets are not hiding behind the issues they face. It's easy to sit behind the computer and criticize the Cadets. Bit of a different challenge to be tasked with fixing the issues they face. 

Of course they know what the issues are. Ok, what am I permitted to talk about? I’ll stay within your list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1