Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

The ones who knew were never going to talk because they would lose their jobs and probably their career in the activity.

Oh definitely and also there was fear of being an outcast or not believed and ruining the corps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cadets have handled things the right way since everything came to light. Could that statement come with an asterisk in hindsight? Sure. There wasn't precedent for what happened or how to handle it. It's like being a parent. You can always look back at specific things and probably find a better solution to things. But overall, I think they did a pretty good job at doing what they had to do this year which is moving forward. It's going to take years to rebuild. The first job when a warship is damaged is to get it back to port and make it safe to sail...not to make it pretty again. Give Cadets time. I've never been one to say "I love the Cadets" including when I was marching corps. But man you gotta give them props for moving the needle in the best direction they could.

 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Spinning said:

Oh definitely and also there was fear of being an outcast or not believed and ruining the corps.

I saw the same exact thing in college athletics. People always knew about “their” school breaking NCAA rules, but literally no one would ever say anything because then they would be ostracized from that school forever. 

The very moment something breaks from somewhere else, the media just piles on like the Normandy invasion. I saw this over and over again when I was in the sports media. When Steve McNair was murdered by his love affair, it came out that everyone in the media knew he had led a double life and actually rented an apartment to accommodate his escapades. They ALL then reported on it but would NEVER say a word beforehand for fear of being “that guy” in the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 2:15 AM, blakman7 said:

Where's Cadet2000 when you need him?

 

On 8/11/2019 at 6:45 AM, jonwoody said:

Probably having a few beers and enjoying himself .:guinesssmilie:

giphy.gif

I'm still in London enjoying drinking my sorrows of this season away. 

Give me a few days. I'll be back. 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

 

 

Give me a few days. I'll be back. 

 

And there will be GIFs. Lots and lots of GIFs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

 

giphy.gif

I'm still in London enjoying drinking my sorrows of this season away. 

Give me a few days. I'll be back. 

giphy.gif

In Canary Wharf there are a bunch of good places to eat. Wahahca is a Mexican place with decent food, and the Japanese place next to it is also great. Downtown a decent Japanese place called Wagamama is also good. Both have multiple locations. In downtown Greenwich, Bill's has very good food, and Greenwich Market has a bunch of food stands that are also excellent. All three restaurants will also permit you to continue to drink your sorrows away! Visit the bar at the top of the Shard for great views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

In Canary Wharf there are a bunch of good places to eat. Wahahca is a Mexican place with decent food, and the Japanese place next to it is also great. Downtown a decent Japanese place called Wagamama is also good. Both have multiple locations. In downtown Greenwich, Bill's has very good food, and Greenwich Market has a bunch of food stands that are also excellent. All three restaurants will also permit you to continue to drink your sorrows away! Visit the bar at the top of the Shard for great views.

Well, now I need to go to London.  

...when band's over... 

 

 

 

... poop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super excited for 2020. We've put together a GREAT brass staff and a GREAT visual staff. 

Everybody's coming home.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 8:53 AM, MikeD said:

Wahahca is a Mexican place with decent food

Is it literally spelled like that, or is it supposed to be Oaxaca, which is pronounced essentially "wa ha ca"?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.