16 hours ago, MikeD said:

For me...

i wonder wonder who wrote the book of love

I'm so old I actually get your reference..lol

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, MikeD said:

For me...

i wonder wonder who wrote the book of love

And I remember the melody.  But it was actually two "wonders" and two "whos".

And why did they call themselves "The Monotones"?  They were anything but monotone!

Back to your regularly scheduled argument.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

I'm wondering how new Yamaha horns demonstrates the "edge of the abyss" talk associated with separating from YEA! a couple of weeks back.

I've heard of their financial "challenges" catching up to them from years past, but this is confirmation that, at least, their relationship with Yamaha is in good stead.

Edited by garfield
It helps to write in full sentences, apparently.

13 minutes ago, garfield said:

And I remember the melody.  But it was actually two "wonders" and two "whos".

And why did they call themselves "The Monotones"?  They were anything but monotone!

Back to your regularly scheduled argument.

Kind of like a "who bah-do-bah who" and then the drum accent.  :tongue:

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

doesn't this belong on the historical thread? :tongue: :tongue:

WE ARE the historical thread..lol..peace

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dans said:

Yes, the brass was playing on brand new Yamaha horns. New pit and battery equipment coming soon.

Do they still have euphoniums?  I love hearing that voice!  I mean, that SOUND.  Not voice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm wondering how new Yamaha horns demonstrates the "edge of the abyss" talk associated with separating from YEA! a couple of weeks back.

I've heard of their financial "challenges" catching up to them from years past, but this is confirmation that, at least, their relationship with Yamaha is in good stead.

well the old horns can be taken back and resold

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well the old horns can be taken back and resold

Yea, but just like leasing a car, the residual value of the old horns doesn't come close to the purchase price of the new ones.

It's entirely possible that Yamaha has underwritten (aka: gifted) the new horns but, even still, Yamaha is no dummy company; I don't think they would extend such benefits if the Cadets weren't worth the risk or able to generate new sales for Yamaha.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Yea, but just like leasing a car, the residual value of the old horns doesn't come close to the purchase price of the new ones.

It's entirely possible that Yamaha has underwritten (aka: gifted) the new horns but, even still, Yamaha is no dummy company; I don't think they would extend such benefits if the Cadets weren't worth the risk or able to generate new sales for Yamaha.

the Cadet name, all other documented issues aside, has a new lease on life in many places just because of the changes that have happened in the last almost 2 years.