Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I usually don’t post on forums but I would like to counter some of the negativity being posted here about the Cadets.   I am a retired music educator and a member of the Santa Clara Vanguard Admin sta

Hey guys. I usually stay clear of this stuff and I appreciate those of you that understand my position. I'm basically going to tell you what has already been said on here. There are some smart pe

I have a high school senior who auditioned for the corps.  He got a callback (woo!) but did not get a spot... too young and inexperienced, but they liked him and said they'd give his name to some othe

45 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

The Cadets are in dire financial straits. Toss up whether they make it to tour or not. Please donate.

As a frequent donor this is news to me. Not saying you're wrong, just that if this is true it is pretty annoying that I don't know it as an alumnus that donates a decent chunk of change every year

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, exitmusic said:

The Cadets are in dire financial straits. Toss up whether they make it to tour or not. Please donate.

Oh shocking another dire post by Exitmusic 

cadets will be fine 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ghost said:

Figure out what year(s) they won in Wisconsin.

I couldn't figure out what stadium that was. Wisconsin looks much different than that. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Oh shocking another dire post by Exitmusic 

cadets will be fine 

Fine?

Having to borrow equipment from another corps because Yamaha won't send them the new stuff till they pay the $100,000 in back fees owed isn't fine!

Trying to sell off US Bands  - the primary outside source of income isn't fine! 

Be OK with the corps is in dire straits and raise money! 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Algernon said:

Fine?

Having to borrow equipment from another corps because Yamaha won't send them the new stuff till they pay the $100,000 in back fees owed isn't fine!

Trying to sell off US Bands  - the primary outside source of income isn't fine! 

Be OK with the corps is in dire straits and raise money! 

 

And cue Algernon

you just posted two falsehoods 

typical 

they already took delivery on an entire new Yamaha brass line - do you think Y would have delivered that with a six figure debt owed? The corps didn’t even buy new brass the past two years 

they are WAITING on delivery of entirely new front ensemble equipment

Cadets are not flush with cash - so please donate

but alarmist posts on the internet aren’t helpful 

how much have you donated Algernon? My guess is ZERO 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

And cue Algernon

you just posted two falsehoods 

typical 

they already took delivery on an entire new Yamaha brass line - do you think Y would have delivered that with a six figure debt owed? The corps didn’t even buy new brass the past two years 

they are WAITING on delivery of entirely new front ensemble equipment

Cadets are not flush with cash - so please donate

but alarmist posts on the internet aren’t helpful 

how much have you donated Algernon? My guess is ZERO 

Maybe they ARE helpful in that these alarmists will put their money where their mouths are....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I couldn't figure out what stadium that was. Wisconsin looks much different than that. 

Picking Wisconsin was just a quick thought by me, but. U. of Wisconsin had surgery not that many years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

And cue Algernon

you just posted two falsehoods 

typical 

they already took delivery on an entire new Yamaha brass line - do you think Y would have delivered that with a six figure debt owed? The corps didn’t even buy new brass the past two years 

they are WAITING on delivery of entirely new front ensemble equipment

Cadets are not flush with cash - so please donate

but alarmist posts on the internet aren’t helpful 

how much have you donated Algernon? My guess is ZERO 

 

The cadets did get brand new equipment the last 2 summers....

 

but i also heard that they might not make it this summer....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

And cue Algernon

you just posted two falsehoods 

typical 

they already took delivery on an entire new Yamaha brass line - do you think Y would have delivered that with a six figure debt owed? The corps didn’t even buy new brass the past two years 

they are WAITING on delivery of entirely new front ensemble equipment

Cadets are not flush with cash - so please donate

but alarmist posts on the internet aren’t helpful 

how much have you donated Algernon? My guess is ZERO 

i have heard from several places the corps itself and YEA are looking to part ways

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.