Cadets 2020

13 hours ago, George Dixon said:

From the CORPS DIRECTOR Denise Bonfiglio in her update email sent on 12/30 to corps donors, members and volunteers entitled “quick Cadets Update:

quote: “- We took delivery of an entirely new set of Yamaha brass instruments for the first time in several years. The performers and staff are excited beyond belief to bring the 2020 production to life. A complete set of Yamaha front ensemble instruments are on their way and will be onsite for our next camp!”

She conveniently left out where the horns came from.

They may be "NEW" as in, for the Cadets. Are they "NEVER" used "NEW" from the factory???

10 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

They may be "NEW" as in, for the Cadets. Are they "NEVER" used "NEW" from the factory???

They are BRAND NEW from the factory.  I inventoried them personally

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, M Ryan said:

They are BRAND NEW from the factory.  I inventoried them personally

Just asking. Thank you for your insight!

26 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

I'm curious what you thought her definition of "new" is. If the director states that they're new, it's pretty safe to say that they came from the factory. Even as an educator, when my program gets new equipment from the factory I call it new, however, if we receive used equipment as a donation, I wouldn't refer to it as new, nor would I assume that she was referring to used equipment. Hence, the reason I am asking what you assumed she was implying by using the word "new."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Spinning said:

Either The Cadets are in dire financial straights ready to go bankrupt or they’re doing just fine.  It all depends on who you talk to on any given day and who you believe. I hear something different weekly.

...or The Cadets (the kids and the instructors) are showing promise, but behind the scenes, YEA (the parent company) is a train wreck. Both can exist at the same time.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cybersnyder said:

I don't understand the great horn conspiracy.

Exactly

46 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I don't understand the great horn conspiracy.

A very generous individual purchased a set of horns out of their own pocket and is lending them to the Cadets for the summer. Yes really

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

A very generous individual purchased a set of horns out of their own pocket and is lending them to the Cadets for the summer. Yes really

That's awesome. Now the compensating euphonium doesn't seem so expensive. Maybe I should.....