Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, dans said:

Well that seems peculiar. If DCI is really trying to ascertain if YEA still operates the Cadets, might I suggest DCI call Denis Bonfiglio. I'm pretty sure she will answer the call!

The conversation has been above her pay grade in their organization. She is (and should be) focused on the drum corps, not the board room situation for YEA. Others in YEA have been the ones DCI is talking to.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

The conversation is (and has been) above her pay grade in their organization. She is (and should be) focused on the drum corps, not on the board room level for YEA. Others in the org have been the ones DCI is talking to.

OK...fair enough. Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dans said:

Well that seems peculiar. If DCI is really trying to ascertain if YEA still operates the Cadets, might I suggest DCI call Denis Bonfiglio. I'm pretty sure she will answer the call!

she runs the drum corps - YEA is a board of directors they would probably deal with. The drum corps / other groups could be peeled off if need be (if USB etc were sold or dissolved)

at least that's the way I would picture it...

Doug Rutherford has been VERY quiet after his normally quarterly updates he was providing (BOD) - so I'd think SOMETHING is up. But better to stay quiet until there's resolved "news" to share

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

she runs the drum corps - YEA is a board of directors they would probably deal with. The drum corps / other groups could be peeled off if need be (if USB etc were sold or dissolved)

at least that's the way I would picture it...

Doug Rutherford has been VERY quiet after his normally quarterly updates he was providing (BOD) - so I'd think SOMETHING is up. But better to stay quiet until there's resolved "news" to share

i'm guessing 3 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm guessing 3 months

Until there's news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a cynic,so forgive me.

Seems to me,the fact that  its this difficult to find out if YEA operates the Cadets,should set off a whole bunch

of red flags.

Just from the posts on DCP I would also think that YEA is aware of the questions.

Shouldn't be anything stopping them from contacting DCI and giving them the answer.

 

 

 

 

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve heard some things.  In my eyes, the most important thing is the survival of The Cadets. 

Hear, hear!  I cursed their entire production under my breath last year except for percussion.  But I can't wait for the "Bocook book".  (See what I did?) #VintageCadets   

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The conversation has been above her pay grade in their organization. She is (and should be) focused on the drum corps, not the board room situation for YEA. Others in YEA have been the ones DCI is talking to.

Ahhh don't be too sure about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

she runs the drum corps - YEA is a board of directors they would probably deal with. The drum corps / other groups could be peeled off if need be (if USB etc were sold or dissolved)

at least that's the way I would picture it...

Doug Rutherford has been VERY quiet after his normally quarterly updates he was providing (BOD) - so I'd think SOMETHING is up. But better to stay quiet until there's resolved "news" to share

If they "peel off"the drum corps from YEA won't they need a new 501C3?

All corps with a new 501C3 need to start in Open Class or Soundsport.

Rule created so that World Class corps can't shirk financial responsibilities by re-inventing themselves as a new entity.

More likely Varsity absorbs the entire entity or some big money alum "come to the rescue" once again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.