Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

If they "peel off"the drum corps from YEA won't they need a new 501C3?

All corps with a new 501C3 need to start in Open Class or Soundsport.

Rule created so that World Class corps can't shirk financial responsibilities by re-inventing themselves as a new entity.

More likely Varsity absorbs the entire entity or some big money alum "come to the rescue" once again.

 

or perhaps DCI lays down markers for Cadets to attain to qualify for World Class as an new 501C3 - wouldn't be the first or last time rules are "adapted" for unique circumstances 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Algernon said:

If they "peel off"the drum corps from YEA won't they need a new 501C3?

All corps with a new 501C3 need to start in Open Class or Soundsport.

Rule created so that World Class corps can't shirk financial responsibilities by re-inventing themselves as a new entity.

More likely Varsity absorbs the entire entity or some big money alum "come to the rescue" once again.

 

Varsity?  As in the cheerleader monopoly or the drive inn restaurant?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Until there's news?

"Captain, how soon can you land?"

"I can't tell."

"You can tell me. I'm a doctor."

"No. I mean I'm just not sure."

"Well, can't you take a guess?"

"Well... not for another two hours."

"You can't take a guess for another two hours?"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Varsity?  As in the cheerleader monopoly or the drive inn restaurant?   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR69sKUKxIIaDo1HRqJQUs

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

or perhaps DCI lays down markers for Cadets to attain to qualify for World Class as an new 501C3 - wouldn't be the first or last time rules are "adapted" for unique circumstances 

Something like that, though it would also set a fairly problematic precedent. I mean, at a certain point, rules have to be enforced, or they're not really rules. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR69sKUKxIIaDo1HRqJQUs

Well, just think of the food truck potential.  Chili dogs & onion rings for every meal.  "What'll ya have?"  😂😎

Edited by keystone3ply
correction
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May you live in interesting times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

or perhaps DCI lays down markers for Cadets to attain to qualify for World Class as an new 501C3 - wouldn't be the first or last time rules are "adapted" for unique circumstances 

Yeah, I don't think DCI will be moving The Cadets anytime soon, regardless of what happens.

Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Algernon said:

The former

Funny enough - we're discussing this on another thread as well:

If you'd like a copy of the newsletter, PM me your email and I'll send it along.  

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.