Cadets 2020

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

An issue for some but not for others. 

no for all. sure some do hotels already, but they never get cheaper. schools and colleges will continue to be a challenge, both in availability and especially cost 

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

Gotcha. I would have thought east coast would be easier to find housing as it has a higher population density. 

right now, the cost and perception post 4/18 are the biggest issues

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

Because I think it is a valid question if an entirely new group of folks is handling the business and operations.  Even some of the top corps have some struggles to meet their targets.  So it's not an out-of-bounds question to wonder how a new group will manage to raise more than just tuition money, along with whatever debt they must contend with, which could be rather large.

And frankly, DCI has shown in the past they will demand full and transparent insight and proof that they can complete a tour, not just start one.

and apparently DCI was ok with everything

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

Because I think it is a valid question if an entirely new group of folks is handling the business and operations.  Even some of the top corps have some struggles to meet their targets.  So it's not an out-of-bounds question to wonder how a new group will manage to raise more than just tuition money, along with whatever debt they must contend with, which could be rather large.

And frankly, DCI has shown in the past they will demand full and transparent insight and proof that they can complete a tour, not just start one.

Question validity is not the issue. It's TO WHOM you're posing the question that is the issue. Why would a spectator be looking at their financials? If you REALLY wanted to know the answer to that question, you'd ask the right people who are responsible for that. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Don't confuse people in this thread not looking at the financials with the people who matter not looking at the financials. Nobody with full knowledge of the financials is posting in this thread.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

right now, the cost and perception post 4/18 are the biggest issues

I always thought fuel costs would eventually kill or greatly restrain drum corps. But the tours are now longer. So much for my crystal ball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no for all. sure some do hotels already, but they never get cheaper. schools and colleges will continue to be a challenge, both in availability and especially cost 

The cost of touring was never going to get cheaper! The perceived touring prerequisite has been the demise of many organizations since the formation of DCI. 

6 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Those are indeed items DCI has an interest in knowing. That doesn't apply to FB, DCP, Reddit, etc...people who are making snide comments on social media. Those people do NOT have any right to know, as much as they might want to know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will just drop the highest loudest longest cleanest rolls EVER right here - enjoy :)

To quote the innocent bystander at the end JESUS CHRIST!!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Those are indeed items DCI has an interest in knowing. That doesn't apply to FB, DCP, Reddit, etc...people who are making snide comments on social media. Those people do NOT have any right to know, as much as they might want to know. 

Oh that #### “need to know” I keep hearing at my job. 😛

• Haha 2