Cadets 2020

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah but I want to know NOW!!

A Perry Mason moment. :tongue:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

48 hours does seem like an eternity now. 

Like in sports:

Coach's team wins a championship: Hero.

Coach's team misses playoffs next season: Bum. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I have structured settlement but I NEED CASH NOW

Oh please don’t put that song in my head... 🤮

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

So that's a, "no."

What on earth is going on over there? The entire DCI community knows the house is on fire, yet complete silence from YEA.

Eh, they've been given time to get the financial (and I suspect legal) issues figured out, since DCI doesn't have an interest in keeping them off the field if there's the option to have them on the field. That being the case, there's nothing they could likely announce yet until the process is a little further along, and the same goes for DCI.

My guess is that the scheme to create a new org for Cadets will be allowed, DCI will ignore their own rules that make a new corps (which they would technically be) compete in Open Class before applying for WC, and anyone who was owed money from YEA will have to suck it up and take whatever the bankruptcy court deems they can get out of the bones of the YEA organization. It's the most straight-forward solution to the situation.

On the upside, the number of 50 year olds who've been invited to the next camp are at an all-time high. 😂

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I just got an email callback from the Cadets!

Nevermind that I'm 40 and never auditioned, but I'm pretty excited about it!

(Is GH somehow still bumbling this corps?)

EPV9yz4W4AAiH2X?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Congradulations! The Cadets to compete in  DCA 2020!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

My guess is that the scheme to create a new org for Cadets will be allowed, DCI will ignore their own rules that make a new corps (which they would technically be) compete in Open Class before applying for WC, and anyone who was owed money from YEA will have to suck it up and take whatever the bankruptcy court deems they can get out of the bones of the YEA organization. It's the most straight-forward solution to the situation.

Yeah, because forcing the Cadets to compete in open class, where they would destroy everyone, is the right thing to do... 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tad_MMA said:

Wait .WHAT tear? How have I missed this for 20 years?

It's been a while since I watched the show to remember the specifics, but I was there on finals night off to the side with other staff members of other finalist corps and it was clear to a whole bunch of us that something was seriously "off" with the last few of minutes of the show. We knew immediately that they just left the door open for the Cavaliers, which of course they did. They were lucky it wound up being a tie, IMO.

1 hour ago, inbetween said:

Yeah, because forcing the Cadets to compete in open class, where they would destroy everyone, is the right thing to do... 

The rule about probation for any new corps has nothing to do with their competitive prospects and EVERYTHING to do with making sure their governance, funding, and member experience resources are adequate to the task.

No small irony will be involved if/when DCI gives Cadets dispensation on the probation period. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Haha 2