Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

people have literally been saying that since I sat at finals in 1978. And people are still saying that. Go figure.

So do you disagree?

54 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yeah I remember that tear clear as day...it was leading to the company front. 

We weren't "lucky" about anything though so slow your roll. 

I swear, to this day, I discount it entirely although I shouldn't.  But, MAN, that HIT on the front was absolutely dialed in!  It felt like you were "running to catch up" for about 6 counts and completely out of sync, breath, and time then WHAM!, you nailed that company front.  Damh! That was the best "blow your hair back" moment I recall for years.

The 7/8 that took over in the push to the end, combined with the INCREDIBLE marching just made it mesmerizing to watch.  Still, to this day, spine tingly.

Thanks, Tek.  Dood, I tear up remembering how excited I was watching it live that night!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Can you refresh me on what two years the Crossmen had to compete in Open class, first when they became a "new" corps when YEA! took them over and second when they left YEA! and became a "new" corps based in Texas?

I can - it was year “never happened”!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

ridiculous - nothing is "on fire" - rather GROWN UPS are in charge and working toward success

Cadets haven't had such a strong winter underway in terms of excitement and potential since 2014/2015; just my outsider view 

Which grownups are those?! Also, it is possible for the organization to be a disaster and the corps to be doing very well, which seems to be the case here. You should go to the DCI meeting some time and pay attention to what people are talking about.

• Haha 1

Honestly. Have y’all gotten the email letting you know you got a call back? 

Have yall seen the books....

Or that one time they still haven’t paid 2018,2019 bus companies. Or spring training. Or the remainder of the staff....

I mean I wouldn’t know or anything just being involved since 2017.... still missing my paychecks.... 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I swear, to this day, I discount it entirely although I shouldn't.  But, MAN, that HIT on the front was absolutely dialed in!  It felt like you were "running to catch up" for about 6 counts and completely out of sync, breath, and time then WHAM!, you nailed that company front.  Damh! That was the best "blow your hair back" moment I recall for years.

The 7/8 that took over in the push to the end, combined with the INCREDIBLE marching just made it mesmerizing to watch.  Still, to this day, spine tingly.

Thanks, Tek.  Dood, I tear up remembering how excited I was watching it live that night!

Just wait until the Superfan videos  come out...

48 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Which grownups are those?! Also, it is possible for the organization to be a disaster and the corps to be doing very well, which seems to be the case here. You should go to the DCI meeting some time and pay attention to what people are talking about.

No thanks - way too busy to sit around listening to gossiping at a DCI meeting 

• Like 2