Cadets 2020

16 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

This is the perfect example of what I mentioned earlier. Someone making speculation about what The Cadets/YEA might be doing followed by someone assuming it what they are doing.

Perhaps you didn’t see the “?” in my post. Specifically- is that what’s really happening?  If you think that means I am assuming that’s what’s happening, then I can’t help you.  You also apparently ignored the part where I said - I hope that’s not the situation. That also is far from an assumption that it IS the situation. 
A large part of the problem here is the overreacting on both sides of the discussion. 

Edited by HockeyDad

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Perhaps you didn’t see the “?” in my post. Specifically- is that what’s really happening?  If you think that means I am assuming that’s what’s happening, then I can’t help you. 

"Yikes is that what's really happening? In that case..." reads a lot more like a reaction to what you believe to be a factual statement, like "I can't believe that's what's happening!" or "That is really surprising!" than a genuine question.

You follow it up with "This is more precarious than I knew" implying that you believe the statements in the post you are replying to be factual despite the original poster admitting they have no idea what is actually going on. You follow it up with "I hope that's not the situation but under the shroud of secrecy that exists, it's hard to know." You are considering this random person's speculation with equal weight to people who are actually involved in the organization and assuming the worst.

It is a perfect example of how this stuff spirals out of control. 

• Like 4

You know, dans -  I do believe many people participate on message boards to disagree, correct, and sometimes, do harm.  However, I think most visit here to LEARN.  Asking questions is what enables learning.  

DCI and Cadets are a big deal in the eyes of you and others. Some here merely seek a greater understandIng of a topic of high concern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

If the new parent organization is formed expressly to get the corps away from a bad financial situation they themselves created with their former parent organization (even if it was through malfeasance on the part of former management), the situation is more complex, to some of us anyway. Clearly YMMV.

Sounds like a legal issue and not is it a new CORPS or not.... Are you saying it would make a difference if it was a new parent organization that was not under a cloud?

And difference between this and Crossmen going under YEA and then leaving is????!

If you want to say Cadets should go thru the approval process because of new management, fine. But to say they are a new corps? In that case the history going back to the 1930s is over. Or maybe that ended 1958 or so when Holy Name dropped management 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

Can't sell the new instruments because they are "on loan" and actually not owned by the Cadets or YEA.

A common practice to prevent creditors from taking possession of assets!

That may,I don't know,protect the actual instruments.

It would depend on how the "loan" agreement is written.

But there could still be "issues" with things like vehicles,including the food truck,equipment trailers ,other non-instrument equipment like amplification systems, etc.

I would think that all of these things have to addressed,before anything from YEA or The Cadets is made public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

The Cabs tried that already.

And it sure looked good on paper.   :laughing:

Not the Cabs' best year, to say the least.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbc03 said:

"Yikes is that what's really happening? In that case..." reads a lot more like a reaction to what you believe to be a factual statement, like "I can't believe that's what's happening!" or "That is really surprising!" than a genuine question.

You follow it up with "This is more precarious than I knew" implying that you believe the statements in the post you are replying to be factual despite the original poster admitting they have no idea what is actually going on. You follow it up with "I hope that's not the situation but under the shroud of secrecy that exists, it's hard to know." You are considering this random person's speculation with equal weight to people who are actually involved in the organization and assuming the worst.

It is a perfect example of how this stuff spirals out of control. 

Why don’t you tell us all what the real situation is. Then no one will have to speculate. Or are you also speculating?  “Spiraling out of control” is in the mind of the beholder. Perhaps for the overly defensive, that’s how you see it. Others might be genuinely interested in trying to understand what’s going on. 

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

You know, dans -  I do believe many people participate on message boards to disagree, correct, and sometimes, do harm.  However, I think most visit here to LEARN.  Asking questions is what enables learning.  

DCI and Cadets are a big deal in the eyes of you and others. Some here merely seek a greater understandIng of a topic of high concern.

Thank you. That’s exactly where I’m at, seeking to understand the situation. 

• Like 1