Cadets 2020

2 hours ago, East9900 said:

Not getting my hopes up this time. There had better be significant changes. 9th place is not acceptable and they shouldn't behave like it is.

Oh please, "not acceptable" 🙄

I want the corps to be back at the top as much as anyone and way more than most people but get over yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome  to not making the G7 that H spearheaded . You would just be another non corps in 2020 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was happy and relieved to see the energy and enthusiasm of the individual corps members this year, particularly as the year progressed. They held their heads high and worked hard. They made friends.  This really should be respected. When I first saw this year's show, internally it was a disturbing experience for me; but it was also one of the moment's where you just smile and say " Thank you very much you have a very nice drum corps." And sit back, enjoy the ride, and experience the rest of the season, knowing the placement result as a given.

Next year? I suspect the show design will actually be something watchable, something that can be listened to, and something that can be enjoyed. Kinda hard to see any real placement changes' maybe one to two spots, but I have confidence things will be far better overall than this year.

I found the level of quality overall in DCI as far as shows has gone up a bit, and corps like Mandarins and Pacific Crest make things interesting, a lthough I know very little about them at the organizational level. Hope they too, can maintain and improve on momentum.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blakman7 said:

Where's Cadet2000 when you need him?

Probably having a few beers and enjoying himself .:guinesssmilie:

4 hours ago, camel lips said:

Welcome  to not making the G7 that H spearheaded . You would just be another non corps in 2020 

Welcome to just being another ########. 

Edited by chris ncsu
Don't know why it blurred out "nice guy"!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FTNK said:

O lawd have mercy! looking forward to another 12 months of discussion.....

me too!!! 

... wait... were you being sarcastic? 😜 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tony L. said:

I see two paths forward based on prior examples:  that of Vanguard and Cavaliers when they slipped a bit in the rankings and that of Madison Scouts.  Please just don't chose the path of perpetual changes.  Chaos is never the answer!    

This.  

I also think of Blue Knights in this situation.  Every stinkin' year, they get me teared up.  They've developed an aesthetic and that leg kick thing... whatever their uniform, I can always tell it's them.  

Even if Cadets stay in 9th perpetually from now on, I'm hoping for a strong 'Cadets' identity that is consistent year to year.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:12 AM, Jeff Ream said:

things already in the works.

For the narrative to turn around they have to announce soon, so that kids buying their plane tickets for auditions have time to decide where to go...

If they are making a move with upgrading talent I would suspect the deals were already made in Indy and after exit interviews from previous engagements announcements will come soon.. 

Lets hope they get out in front of this thing and start to regain some top 5 prowess...  

Edited by Glenn426
  • Thanks 1