Cadets 2020

I would think we would hear about changes sooner rather than later. They started advertising for 2020 before 2019 was even finished and that doesn't come across to be as them wanting to take their time. I think they would like to lock in their staff fairly quickly and hopefully make some big hires. No fees for camps is pretty incredible, but bringing a better staff will really help build some excitement and hopefully some more talent. 

While I would love to see Saktig back I don't think it'll happen. I just hope that whomever they choose is someone that can write complex drill. I am probably of the few that believe that a show can still be successful with good drill instead of staging. People like visual wow moments, and staging doesn't do that as much as awesome drill can. There's no doubt that staging is currently winning, but I don't think its THE reason. I think a great show idea with drill can still win, but it needs to be a balance. It's also a way to stand out. When I was marching one of the reasons I wanted to be in The Cadets was to do awesome drill. I don't see why they need to lose that identity, but they do need to regain it. Hopefully they can bring someone in that can bring that level of excitement and complexity back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Isn’t there a blackout period from t staff announcements?

??? source

Reported or heresay?

Hey - I bought a MM's hat! Very cool way to have something for my office and give the corps a boost. 

Edited by GlenI
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I thought there was an unofficial blackout until Labor Day (unless people post about leaving on their own, like the brass caption manager did). 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

2 minutes ago, sunnyday72 said:

I thought there was an unofficial blackout until Labor Day (unless people post about leaving on their own, like the brass caption manager did). 

I found it a new rule I suppose in Response to Boston earth shattering announcements after finals in 2016.

No public staff announcements until the Tuesday after Labor day... 

I suppose it gives everyone time to recoup and gather staff again after people make their moves.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

For the narrative to turn around they have to announce soon, so that kids buying their plane tickets for auditions have time to decide where to go...

If they are making a move with upgrading talent I would suspect the deals were already made in Indy and after exit interviews from previous engagements announcements will come soon.. 

Lets hope they get out in front of this thing and start to regain some top 5 prowess...  

the internal DCI rule is to not announce things until after Labor Day weekend. 

I say this coming from a Cadet-friendly point of view.  I think the number goal as of this date is to retire the debt they face.  I am under the impression there is a financial anchor wrapped around their necks right now and simply rearranging the deck chairs will do nothing to further the organization.   Hope they can pull everything together to be around for their 86th year!

• Like 4

I'm just going to say it and announce:                                                                ( written in white)

Edited by boxingfred
  • Haha 1