Cadets 2020

Glad to hear that Scott is still involved.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, East9900 said:

You say it like The Cadets were incredibly successful because they had C2 as a feeder corps. The Cadets had more championships without C2 than they did with C2. Any correlation? Probably not, but its not like they are in new territory.

They will get members just like most of the other corps.. through advertising and camps. They will be just fine.

The past several years they were fueled by C2 members... just think what the corps would have been like without them. I agree with your first point but I am talking about the last few years. And let's face it... the place is not the top choice of potential members these days. 

2 minutes ago, dans said:

Yes, most of them.

It will be interesting to watch exactly who April brings on to the guard staff.  

She's got a very talented and deep pool of instructors who might find it difficult to say no if she asks them!  She's...persuasive 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, karuna said:

It will be interesting to watch exactly who April brings on to the guard staff.  

She's got a very talented and deep pool of instructors who might find it difficult to say no if she asks them!  She's...persuasive 🙂

I imagine it going something like this:

April: Hey you’re on my color guard staff.

Staffer: I wish I could bu..

April: DID I STUTTER?!

Staffer: Yes ma’am

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, kdaddy said:

UPDATE: I'd say it's okay. Bocook is a huge plus. Not sure about the program design. And, while I admittedly don't follow the Cadets closely, I honestly don't know who Jon Bilby is.

Jon wrote the drill for C2 the final year and he re-wrote the closer (and possibly more) for Cadets this past summer. 

8 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

It’s pretty easy to figure out:

Bonfiglio will take over as director

bocook is writing brass

aungst is writing percussion 

bilby writing visual

donny VanDoren consulting

Matt Stratton brass caption head (been with Bloo but is a cadet alum)

my guess is there will be more consultants as well....not sure about guard.  

“Because that’s what DCIKnowItAll says”

Bigger changes elsewhere Phantom, SCV, BD and Crown to care about!

Well, I'm no genius, but it seems that, for the one BIG caption that everyone is beating on, visual design, you were, well, wrong.

7 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

And just like that Cadets will be 9th or 10th at best, again!

whats the hype?!?  

That the pilfering of Cadets is over.  Plus, they are now pilfering.

7 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

Yeah if Darcie is still there, they win USBands and that it.

and When was the last time April taught?  15-20 years ago?  You can’t beat on the kids these days...Uugh.  

I mean they’re selling it like ...we’re the cadets again.  So what about the last two years, way to spit on the members.  You weren’t the cadets?  Really?

The fact is they can’t design a show and they can’t attract the talent.  These changes don’t solve their real issues.

For how long do you expect the organization to kneel at the boot of "popular opinion" before they can get back to running a music performance company?

I'm wondering why your, now, 30-something posts have been mostly beating up on Cadets?

Longevity here is usually balanced between potshots and kudos where deserved.  As BAC got when they were successful, so are deserving Cadets now.

"Just sayin'"

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm curious to see how Bocook arranges for the Cadets. I hope he brings the style he used at BK to the Cadets rather than reverting back to his style when he was on the Cadets 

I LOVE this thought.  A Cadets twist on "...the most beautiful corps".  With Balls.