Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, ShortAndFast said:

I was also disappointed to see not a word of thanks for the departing staff. Whatever their flaws, they kept the group alive and in finals through an existential crisis. There was always a gracelessness to Cadets' handling of staff under GH, I had hoped that would improve under new administration.

Yep.  Par for the course.

When YEA disbanded C2 last November, Doug Rutherford's announcement was all about "survival of the Cadets" with no acknowledgement given or appreciation shown to C2 members, staff and volunteers.

Edited by ykw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

No "hype" - just an announcement. The tough work starts now. Go Cadets!

i think it already started

• Like 1

Excited to see the Talent pool that will be drawn to the Cadets this year.

With an audition Camp in Jupiter, FL in DEC there should be no shortage of SFL talent to fill this corps up with members.

Manny and April have been working together at Stoneman Douglas for as long as Manny has been there. Manny has his own staff that hes built over the years at Stoneman that include many from around SFL as well so this will be a great way to see the guard emerge once again. With 4 SW Guards in the area and two IW guards in SFL they could build the guard purely out of SFL kids and not blink an eye.

I'm personally excited to see Curtis writing the work again. His style is unmatched and a smart addition to April's team to have someone qualified to write the work.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

Yeah if Darcie is still there, they win USBands and that it.

and When was the last time April taught?  15-20 years ago?  You can’t beat on the kids these days...Uugh.  

I mean they’re selling it like ...we’re the cadets again.  So what about the last two years, way to spit on the members.  You weren’t the cadets?  Really?

The fact is they can’t design a show and they can’t attract the talent.  These changes don’t solve their real issues.

psst...Dartmouth has been winning in USbands. the last time they lost the uh, girlfriends former band beat them.

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Glad to hear that Scott is still involved.

yes and it was his idea to come off the road. It was never to be a forever gig for him, so I am sure all those falsely saying he was fired will be lining up to apologize

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BeachBum said:

I imagine it going something like this:

April: Hey you’re on my color guard staff.

Staffer: I wish I could bu..

April: DID I ####### STUTTER?!

Staffer: Yes ma’am

EDITED FOR CORRECTNESS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, dans said:

I think the Cadets are making some exciting changes. My main concern however is the retention of Darcie Aungst. Not sure how she earned another shot after the stink bomb she created last season. And I mean no disrespect to Darcie. She is a very nice lady who has done great things with the Dartmouth indoor program. Hopefully she will not be the only one responsible for concept development at the Cadets.

one thing i see is enough strong personalities around her to say "uh no"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

####, hearing April on that recording gives me the warm fuzzy feeling.

it scared the #### outta me and i'm not even in the guard LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1