Cadets 2020

Camps are free, but registration is $200.  And they are being enticed to signup without knowing who the staff will be.  But they are signing up to be a "Cadet".  That might be enough.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, ykw said:

I took a look at October 5th as an example.  USBands is hosting Yamaha Cup at MetLife, while BOA has a show at the University of Maryland.  I count nine NJ Open class bands choosing the BOA show instead of the Yamaha Cup.   Some NJ Open Class bands also seem to be forgoing USBands Nationals in November.

There are 51 bands already signed up for the Yamaha Cup, so my guess is YEA! will do just fine with that event.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

For those in the Northeast, Did US Bands just implode last year? Did bands stop going to US Bands shows because of Hop?

They definitely lost some bands, but they still ran a lot of shows with a lot of bands, though not up to prior years. My guess is they'll be slowly building back up as time goes on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Most recent 990

https://pdf.guidestar.org/PDF_Images/2018/222/052/2018-222052456-10515f2c-9.pdf

Filed on 2/15/2019 for the 3 months 1/1/18 to 3/31/18.  

This was filed because they changed their accounting year from 1/1 to 4/1.

ProPublica is a good place to look as well. 

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/222052456

If you would share this on your social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc)... We would appreciate it.

67696104_10216304617382024_7478690316162

• Like 4

2 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

If you would share this on your social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc)... We would appreciate it.

67696104_10216304617382024_7478690316162

Nice design of the ad. Good locations, too. I have no doubt they will attract very talented and energetic members who want to carry-on the great traditions of The Cadets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Nice design of the ad. Good locations, too. I have no doubt they will attract very talented and energetic members who want to carry-on the great traditions of The Cadets. 

Hmm. I noticed that the web address is "cadets.org". It does take you to the Yea website but wondering if this is a start of re-branding the Cadets name and in the future making "The Cadets" the brand name and not YEA!!! I hope so. 

11 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Hmm. I noticed that the web address is "cadets.org". It does take you to the Yea website but wondering if this is a start of re-branding the Cadets name and in the future making "The Cadets" the brand name and not YEA!!! I hope so. 

Cadets.org has pointed to yea.org for a long time 

• Like 4