Cadets 2020

5 hours ago, Continental said:

I think recent announcements are so much more promising than past years. 

So I'm optimistic.

The challenge I have is the Cadets that I love so much vs. wtf is going on with modern programming. I really am so sick of props and the little they add. 

i'll hope for the best, and you have a lot of folks here with experience working together which helps.

but lets be honest, all announcements in the fall are going to be positive. name a corps that announced stuff and said "well, we hope we don't suck"? 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'll hope for the best, and you have a lot of folks here with experience working together which helps.

but lets be honest, all announcements in the fall are going to be positive. name a corps that announced stuff and said "well, we hope we don't suck"? 

Exactly. 

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

So what other corps announced the acquisition of Jay Bocook as well as the Bluecoats brass caption head? I think that goes beyond the normal staff announcement hype. But that's just me and everyone has opinions. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dans said:

So what other corps announced the acquisition of Jay Bocook as well as the Bluecoats brass caption head? I think that goes beyond the normal staff announcement hype. But that's just me and everyone has opinions. 

Getting April back sealed it for me.  Every guard she was in charge of was spectacular.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Jeff - you are usually a straight-shooter, but this is hardly "any" announcement - the staff is caption loaded with top DCI talent and tons of HOFs -- plus the techs announced so far are ridiculous good. 

So - while I and everyone here seem to be in "wait and see mode" - it's hard not to characterize the staff line up as ridiculously positive

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dans said:

Matt was the assistant caption head or maybe co-caption head. Still, an excellent pick up!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Matt was the assistant caption head or maybe co-caption head. Still, an excellent pick up!

I apologize if I stated incorrect information. I was under the understanding that Matt was the caption head at Bluecoats. Thanks for the clarification. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, dans said:

I apologize if I stated incorrect information. I was under the understanding that Matt was the caption head at Bluecoats. Thanks for the clarification. 

No worries! I am excited for Matt and Cadets! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dans said:

staff alone doesn't do it all. they have to design a cohesive package and get the kids to pull it off. See SCV 17 and 19.

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Jeff - you are usually a straight-shooter, but this is hardly "any" announcement - the staff is caption loaded with top DCI talent and tons of HOFs -- plus the techs announced so far are ridiculous good. 

So - while I and everyone here seem to be in "wait and see mode" - it's hard not to characterize the staff line up as ridiculously positive

i think it's great. But anymore, i'm a skeptic til I see it.