Cadets 2020

So clearly the financial issues are still prevalent. I would hope those staff members who were informed their payments would be "delayed" were able to convey that same sentiment to anyone they may owe money to.

Sounds to me like the same poor fiscal management that's been going on for years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, dans said:

No. I know it's hard but try to ignore the negativity and all the armchair corps directors on this site. The Cadets have had to deal with some real issues over the past several years. Issues that would have made other corps cease operations.  There a many smart and good people at the helm of the Cadets...they will be fine. And hopefully, they will return the Cadets to an elite corps...and soon!

I see lot of those comments as people trying to feel better about themselves by trashing others. Or as my mom put it “you don’t bring yourself up by tearing other people down”. Just keep hearing that mantra reading this thread...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Algernon said:

So clearly the financial issues are still prevalent. I would hope those staff members who were informed their payments would be "delayed" were able to convey that same sentiment to anyone they may owe money to.

Sounds to me like the same poor fiscal management that's been going on for years.

I’m “shocked” you spin this as negatively as possible.

In the old days at Cadets (and many many other corps) bills just went unpaid - why do you think the corps name changed three times? To escape debt. Why do you think so many corps have folded with massive debts? Why do you think Cadets ran out of NJ to PA? The fiscal management, volunteer treatment etc were poor.

Altering a payment schedule and letting folks know upfront is far far better than what was done under prior leadership

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dans said:

No. I know it's hard but try to ignore the negativity and all the armchair corps directors on this site. The Cadets have had to deal with some real issues over the past several years. Issues that would have made other corps cease operations.  There a many smart and good people at the helm of the Cadets...they will be fine. And hopefully, they will return the Cadets to an elite corps...and soon!

I’m not sure why some seem to expect that 18 months after GH termination (and the bombshell news) all debt would be retired and the organization would be rolling in cash.

It will take several years or longer.

The delayed schedule for staff contracts isn’t unusually - 2 other 2019 top 12 corps are literally doing the same thing right now

Drum corps is a losing financial proposition- and anyone that’s been involved in an organization for more than five minutes knows that 

Go Cadets! 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

it's not an overnight fix. i think they have good people in charge. People just need to have patience and temper expectations

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I’m not sure why some seem to expect that 18 months after GH termination (and the bombshell news) all debt would be retired and the organization would be rolling in cash.

It will take several years or longer.

The delayed schedule for staff contracts isn’t unusually - 2 other 2019 top 12 corps are literally doing the same thing right now

Drum corps is a losing financial proposition- and anyone that’s been involved in an organization for more than five minutes knows that 

Go Cadets! 

this. The other corps stay under the radar though because they haven't been dragged through the press. and like i said two pages ago, the big end of year DCi check cures most ills, so it's probably not arrived yet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

Nope, the current management team is trying to recover from prior years of poor fiscal management. Sounds to me like some on this site would like to see the Cadets cease operations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Algernon said:

Sounds to me like you really aren’t adding anything to the conversation.

• Thanks 1