Cadets 2020

Just now, Tommeee said:

Thanks for your drive-by reporting.  That was very enlightening and detailed.

Now, how about a link or some additional information???

They should released it soon...

59 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Psst. Check the corps web page. Isn't Dartmouth in MA, no PA? (Excellence in ALL things wins championships.)

And the letters P and M aren’t even close on the keyboard.... 🙄

Have done it myself....

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

schedules also can change. Remember 2 years ago, cadets were supposed to start in Cali and boom, started the year in Detroit. it's November. they haven't even had a camp yet. chill the #### out both of you

I'm chill. Why are you engaged in this? 

2 years ago it changed last minute when GH hit the fan - that's not typical obviously

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

every circuit has pros and cons. While I am true blue TOB, ask some admins when i get on a rant with things I see that need fixed. i'm surprised at times i haven't been booted out. Our directors help set the rules and bylaws, and it happens that way in cavalcade and other places.

and obviously, reading here, DCI and DCA ain't perfect either. Mike's a good guy, and with good intentions. More concerning to me is why the hoopla going on the USBands advisory board, then a year later starting a circuit that competes with USBands?

absolutely agree.

18 hours ago, xandandl said:

yes auditions (gross numbers and net numbers [contracted towards 154]) will tell whether Camp Cadet mid-season will work or not, no matter what the design. Pivot will be whether 2020 mms will be willing to sacrifice their $$$ to be part of what probably will be a several year process. Let the auditions begin.

(other corps who have already started their process have been noticeably quite on all the various sites with almost no photos or commentary to date.)

Of course, there is the case of Madison Scouts re-working their show in the mid-70's and coming back out amazingly on fire. But those other overage challengers they bested have all been eliminated, haven't they?  

Cadets 2020 have a very solid base of percussion members, more guard returning than the prior off season and a typical amount of brass vets (not like 2015, more like 2019) - the new staff will be recruiting all winter. The corps will be talented and full. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dans said:

Going to Cadets camp this weekend. Excited to step away from the negativity on this site and see what's really happening with the Cadets. 

Have fun! Enjoy! Hope it goes well.

The negativity here is RIDICULOUS 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Talk about depreciation...that’s worse than when you drive a new car off the lot. 

it's worse than if you drive a new car off the lot and over a cliff - even a transmission and engine could get you $7K

• Like 2