Cadets 2020

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

agree - not always easy or popular - the toughest decision was certainly shelving C2 - but this is tough as well

C2 was tough emotionally. this is tough PR wise. after all the hoopla for hiring her with her background, as well as Scott leaving his job to take over and run the corps during it's worst days ever is kind of....no, not kind of IS...a big PR black eye in many ways. Like I said legit business reasons I am sure, but it doesn't look good

• Like 4

7 hours ago, FTNK said:

Maybe they should go Open Class

they'd go further in the hole. there's no money in OC. Madison made more coming in where they did last year than they would have in Open Class by leaps and bounds

• Like 1

I believe DCI's new requirements for remaining World Class was a factor in the Cadets recent changes. I'm sure all corps are taking a hard look at their long term financial health. I respect the management team at the Cadets for making tough choices for the future of the organization. I'm glad they are committed to the future of this great drum corps!

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

C2 was tough emotionally. this is tough PR wise. after all the hoopla for hiring her with her background, as well as Scott leaving his job to take over and run the corps during it's worst days ever is kind of....no, not kind of IS...a big PR black eye in many ways. Like I said legit business reasons I am sure, but it doesn't look good

How the recent changes look should not be the Cadets main concern at this time. Would it look good and be good PR to let the Cadets fold? There are many factors and moving parts that are behind the recent changes at the Cadets. I wish some would become less cynical and actually support the survival of this great corps. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

How will this play out with potential members? Will they want to audition for an organization who may seem to be on "thin" ice financially?

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

And the alumni who got together to create the upheaval in Cadet-World remain silent, sitting on their wallets and dreaming of Elk's Parade. You broke it, you own it!

Ummm... so it is the alumni's fault. Since it is near Christmas I can understand why you would want to roll out that old chestnut. Yea... the alumni is to blame for the actions of one individual. Good luck with that.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

And the alumni who got together to create the upheaval in Cadet-World remain silent, sitting on their wallets and dreaming of Elk's Parade. You broke it, you own it!

How are the ALUMNI responsible?  Your unfathomable and obvious loyalty to GH is really shining through now.  

• Like 1