Cadets 2020

22 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Admirable. But clearly you weren't one of those who promised to come through with sizable donations to ensure the corps keep running well. And then didn't.

What does one thing have to do with another? Hopefully nobody was saying "We'll remove the sexual predator as long as we have enough donations afterwards"

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 6:54 AM, Algernon said:

And the alumni who got together to create the upheaval in Cadet-World remain silent, sitting on their wallets and dreaming of Elk's Parade. You broke it, you own it!

Actually Hop broke it by his own actions. I’m surprised you can’t see that. Oh wait. No, I’m not surprised. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Back in the day, I would gladly trade Schlitz for Pabst. :guinesssmilie:

But jonwoody did say "2 schlitz". For me, that makes it twice as hard to make your trade.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Actually Hop broke it by his own actions. I’m surprised you can’t see that. Oh wait. No, I’m not surprised. 

There was a culture that may have enabled him, but that’s 10% of the blame versus Hop’s 90% (allegedly). 

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

There was a culture that may have enabled him, but that’s 10% of the blame versus Hop’s 90% (allegedly). 

"...may..."?  It was all around him, all the time, and it was an open secret among his staff.

Strong, moral, and willful people rose above it.  He was none of those.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, garfield said:

"...may..."?  It was all around him, all the time, and it was an open secret among his staff.

Um - that he was a narcissist and verbal bully? I’m not sure it was an open secret he was alleged predator and worse 

2 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

48 minutes ago, garfield said:

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Um - that he was a narcissist and verbal bully? I’m not sure it was an open secret he was alleged predator and worse 

There was a culture of deviant behavior (for the time) that was practiced and openly flaunted for decades among his staff.  It takes willful negligence to claim otherwise.

I put the blame in the correct place despite his enablers.  He, specifically he, couldn't rise above that culture to see such deviant behaviors had no place in the job he chose.  

I don't think you mean to nit-pick; I didn't say it was an open secret that he had a deviant side, only that the culture was out in the open along with the affiliated behaviors by several of his staff. 

Narcissist?  Bully?  Verbally assaulting?  Physically assaulting?  Yes, all of those.  And no throttle nor self control.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1