DCI World Class 2020 Predictions Thread

There will he staff changes in the offseason that could impact my predictions.

But based on what we saw in 2019, I anticipate the best, most compelling shows ever put on a DCI field by the majority of the top 12. This year I felt we had crazy execution of crazy books, but not a lot of great shows. Next year I expect that to change. I expect the entire season to be a dog fight at the top, with six corps all within a point or two of each other from day 1, with shows that are cohesive, compelling and engaging.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, INT72 said:

The corp with the best prop usage will win! Any corps with tarps or usage of a massive amount of fabric will not.

In my opinion, the best use of props goes to BD Felliniesque. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think every corps in the top six from this year has the staff and talent to win it all.  If all of them land a home run of a show in the same year..........

😳

And I would say that if you are in a top six corps, there is no reason to go elsewhere for 2020. That is unique. That said, the talent drain from the bottom half of the activity could be historic.

1. Bluecoats- Should have won?  They will be super hungry next year. 
  2. Blue Devils- too many great corps for BD to go on a run of Championships, anytime you win by less than a tenth, nothing is certain.
  3. Carolina Crown- Build on the things you did right. Improve the other things. Not that far from GOLD. I could see it.
  4. Santa Clara- I think Vanguard know what they need to do but so do top 3. Still a threat to repeat.
  5. Cavaliers- I would love to see Cavies higher but that top 4 is a hard nut to crack.
  6. Boston- I'd even put them as high as 4th. 
  7. Cadets- Show Designer. Clean the brass, fix the guard.
  8. Blue Knights- I love BK just the way they are. 
  9. Mandarins- so many corps doing dark shows, kind of got lost in the mix.
  10. Crossmen- need to take a step up. They have been at the same level for the past six years.
  11. Blue Stars- need to take a step up. They have been at the same level for for the past six years.
  12. Phantom- need to take a step up. They have been declining for six years.
  13. Spirit of Atlanta- I could see them making finals.
Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Algernon said:

I think the members deserve a bit of the credit as well

Of course -- that goes without saying. 

38 minutes ago, boxingfred said:
  1. Bluecoats- Should have won?  They will be super hungry next year. 
  2. Blue Devils- too many great corps for BD to go on a run of Championships, anytime you win by less than a tenth, nothing is certain.
  3. Carolina Crown- Build on the things you did right. Improve the other things. Not that far from GOLD. I could see it.
  4. Santa Clara- I think Vanguard know what they need to do but so do top 3. Still a threat to repeat.
  5. Cavaliers- I would love to see Cavies higher but that top 4 is a hard nut to crack.
  6. Boston- I'd even put them as high as 4th. 
  7. Cadets- Show Designer. Clean the brass, fix the guard.
  8. Blue Knights- I love BK just the way they are. 
  9. Mandarins- so many corps doing dark shows, kind of got lost in the mix.
  10. Crossmen- need to take a step up. They have been at the same level for the past six years.
  11. Blue Stars- need to take a step up. They have been at the same level for for the past six years.
  12. Phantom- need to take a step up. They have been declining for six years.
  13. Spirit of Atlanta- I could see them making finals.

Oh, honey. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4