DCI World Class 2020 Predictions Thread

20 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Oh, honey. 

Here comes the Smug!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

The era of New England DCI dominance officially begins with a Champion in both Open AND World class (didn't wanna do BOTH in 2019, so this year was just phase 1) 😉

I like your thinking but you could also say a rebirth. 27th Lancers was a formidable group, North Star’s Chrome Wall snare line was legendary BAC should have made finals in some of those years. Arbella of Salem, MA was an All Girl champion and pre-WGI there was a drill team division dominated by St. Anthony Imperials, St. Therese of Everett, and St. Patrick, Stoneham. But I do love the idea of BAC moving up and Spartans and 7th Regiment dominating OC.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Oh, honey. 

To be fair, most of BD's recent run wasn't going up against design staffs that were this well put together.

This is not to throw shade on BD now, more to say that design staffs around the league have gotten to maybe within two notches of the BD crew, while I'd argue that for most of the 2007-2014 period design staffs were about ten notches apart from with some occasional exceptions. I think collectively the activity has a slightly better sense of how to design for the current period than they did, so it's plausible that BD could be more catchable than in the previous decade where they were just blowing everyone else away.

• Like 2

Gonna go ahead and predict the predictions in this thread

• BD haters will ignore the obvious talent and strengths of the corps and say that BD drops to 3rd place or lower next year 
  • Along the same lines, people will underestimate Bloo and their crowd-winning shows and say they too will drop
  • Optimistically thinking Cadets, Cavies, or BAC will medal. 
  • Phantom/Madison gloom and doom. 
  • People somehow letting SCV out of the conversation. 
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

A DCI Finalist Corps will be under probation and not field a corps for the 2020 season..

Enough with this crap already. You keep posting cryptic messages all over DCP since Saturday. I know who you keep insinuating. You might want to let them know they’re folding because they’ve already announced audition information/staff references and have been recruiting people to audition for 2020 this past weekend. They’ve also extended auditions to even more locations this upcoming year to places they’ve never been. On my plane ride back to the west coast two kids from another corps were talking to me about about auditioning for them instead of their current corps.

For someone that was watching Saturday night at home in Canada (I can read your profile) on Flo and doesn’t know when staffing changes can be formally announced you sure know more then the current administration, staff and members about the future of their own corps. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been saying this the past few years and it still holds true.  Here is BDs record since 2007

07. 1

08. 2

09. 1

10. 1

11. 2

12. 1

13. 2

14. 1

15. 1

16. 2

17. 1

18. 2