DCI World Class 2020 Predictions Thread

4 hours ago, GlenI said:

I like that. But who gets bumped?

Well, will Pitts announced (or gleefully declared might be a better phrase) on his FB that he is returning to phantom next. Assuming he stays as program coordinator, Phantom's position is just going to fall farther and farther until he eventually gets removed (just my opinion) 

So if PC bumps anyone, I'm going to assume it's PR, unfortunately 

• Like 1

1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Santa Clara Vanguard
4. Carolina Crown
5. Cavaliers
6. Boston Crusaders
7. Blue Knights
8. Cadets
9. Blue Stars
10. Mandarins
11. Phantom Regiment
12. Crossmen
13. Pacific Crest
14. Spirit of Atlanta
15. Madison Scouts
16. Colts
17. Troopers
18. Music City
19. Genesis
20. Jersey Surf
21. Seattle Cascades

The biggest mystery, I think, is going to be the Cadets. The percussion section is firing on all cylinders and is in good shape. The brass, visual, guard, and show concepts are the question marks. If they can get those areas ironed out before November with talent recruitment and some positive staff changes; than I could see them placing 7th. If not, they could be sitting in 8th or 9th. They have too much work ahead of them to be in the Top 6. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Santa Clara Vanguard
4. Carolina Crown
5. Cavaliers
6. Boston Crusaders
7. Blue Knights
8. Cadets
9. Blue Stars
10. Mandarins
11. Phantom Regiment
12. Crossmen
13. Pacific Crest
14. Spirit of Atlanta
15. Madison Scouts
16. Colts
17. Troopers
18. Music City
19. Genesis
20. Jersey Surf
21. Seattle Cascades

The biggest mystery, I think, is going to be the Cadets. The percussion section is firing on all cylinders and is in good shape. The brass, visual, guard, and show concepts are the question marks. If they can get those areas ironed out before November with talent recruitment and some positive staff changes; than I could see them placing 7th. If not, they could be sitting in 8th or 9th. They have too much work ahead of them to be in the Top 6. 

I wouldn't change much except I think Cavies could actually pass Crown if they keep all the design staff in place. I would like to see SOA jump into the top 12, but as was said in another thread, they'll need a 10h place show design and execution wise to get 12th at finals. I'm curious to see if the Mandarins can maintain. 

• Haha 1

I have been considered Forrest Gump~ish (and worse), but: "My momma always said, 'Drum Corps is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.' ”

(And ain't that the best part of all?)

I hope that every corps brings its championship face in 2020!

• Like 1

Moving up in placements next year is gonna be tough, so many great corps, it’s gonna be a bloodbath.

my wish list:

1) Bluecoats 

2) SCV

3) Devils

4) Cavies

5) Boston

6) Blue Knights

7) Crown 

8)Mandarins

9) BStars

10) Phantom 

11) Crossmen 

12) Spirit

13) Cadets

What I think will Happen:

1) Devils

2) SCV

3) Bluecoats

4) Cavies

5) Crown 

6) Boston 

7) Blue Knights 

8)Mandarins

9) Blue Stars

10) Phantom

11) Cadets

12) Crossmen

Wes P

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 12:27 PM, GlenI said:

I like that. But who gets bumped?

PR, if they don't do something of a major reboot. Once you start down the slide, it's hard to get a second look from the judges (and the top design and marching talent) without announcing that you're trying something new. Cavaliers were smart about addressing it after 2015, and it's still going to take them another 2 or 3 years until everything could click into them being serious top 3 material again. Regiment really doesn't have time to decide to stop doing what isn't working.

Edited by Slingerland

24 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

PR, if they don't do something of a major reboot. Once you start down the slide, it's hard to get a second look from the judges (and the top design and marching talent) without announcing that you're trying something new. Cavaliers were smart about addressing it after 2015, and it's still going to take them another 2 or 3 years until everything could click into them being serious top 3 material again. Regiment really doesn't have time to decide to stop doing what isn't working.

That's one thing I will say about Cavies. They didn't try to hide the fact that they were sliding and needed to do something new. They embraced it. Other corps would do well to learn that lesson so that the armchair sharks on places like DCP wouldn't have as much to feed off of. Be transparent and open to change and people...especially younger people, will buy into it. 

11 hours ago, corps8294 said:

1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Santa Clara Vanguard
4. Carolina Crown
5. Cavaliers
6. Boston Crusaders
7. Blue Knights
8. Cadets
9. Blue Stars
10. Mandarins
11. Phantom Regiment
12. Crossmen
13. Pacific Crest
14. Spirit of Atlanta
15. Madison Scouts
16. Colts
17. Troopers
18. Music City
19. Genesis
20. Jersey Surf
21. Seattle Cascades

Academy?

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Crown

4. Cavaliers

5. SCV

6. Boston

7. Blue Knights

8. Blue Stars

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins

11. Crossmen

12. Atlanta

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The problem is, I’m not convinced the powers that be believe it’s not working. 

I wonder if you cut the goo from PR what they would have sounded like.