5. SCV

6. Boston

7. Blue Knights

8. Blue Stars

9. Cadets

10. Mandarins

11. Crossmen

12. Atlanta

That's pretty bold with SCV in 5th. But who knows? You might be right.

In general I do not see much changing with the top 6. Perhaps Blue Knights can make a charge, or maybe Blue Stars or Cadets, but it seems unlikely to me. The Cadets have other things that are, frankly, more important to take deal with. I just want to see them healthy, but would like to see a fun show with Cadets-like demand in drill and music. Who cares if it's old school, it's a place to start for now.

Obviously, I would like to see the Bluecoats get their 2nd World Championship. I feel they have been extraordinary over the past 6 years. 

Within the top 6 we may see some movement, but since all those corps are outstanding, a little movement will not surprise me. 

I'm probably more interested in placements at 7th and down. We've seen Mandarins make some waves, Pacific Crest too. Blue Knights continue to be great. Can Phantom Regiment continue the tremendous growth they showed with this year's production?  Can Crossmen push up to 7th? I've long felt they were capable. Spirit of Atlanta is another on the cusp of being top 12 or better. Would love to see Academy back in, or to see Troopers mount a charge. I'm very excited to see what Jersey Surf explores next. Their show this past summer was one of my favorites. 

• Like 2

Hot takes, wild guesses, no shame

1) Bloo
2) BD
3) Crown
4) Vanguard
5) BK
6) Cavies
7) Stars
8 ) Boston

9) Crossmen
10) Cadets
11) Splanta
12) Mandies

Edited by FlamingMarshmallows
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

That's pretty bold with SCV in 5th. But who knows? You might be right.

In general I do not see much changing with the top 6. Perhaps Blue Knights can make a charge, or maybe Blue Stars or Cadets, but it seems unlikely to me. The Cadets have other things that are, frankly, more important to take deal with. I just want to see them healthy, but would like to see a fun show with Cadets-like demand in drill and music. Who cares if it's old school, it's a place to start for now.

Obviously, I would like to see the Bluecoats get their 2nd World Championship. I feel they have been extraordinary over the past 6 years. 

Within the top 6 we may see some movement, but since all those corps are outstanding, a little movement will not surprise me. 

I'm probably more interested in placements at 7th and down. We've seen Mandarins make some waves, Pacific Crest too. Blue Knights continue to be great. Can Phantom Regiment continue the tremendous growth they showed with this year's production?  Can Crossmen push up to 7th? I've long felt they were capable. Spirit of Atlanta is another on the cusp of being top 12 or better. Would love to see Academy back in, or to see Troopers mount a charge. I'm very excited to see what Jersey Surf explores next. Their show this past summer was one of my favorites. 

I think the top six will be very very close all year. Would not be shocked if Crown or Bluecoats won another title.

Cadets picked a bad time to rebuild. They could be improved next year and not move up. They desperately need to reestablish their brass caption, and with six destination corps that is going to be very hard to do quickly.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Cadets picked a bad time to rebuild. They could be improved next year and not move up. They desperately need to reestablish their brass caption

Stay tuned. They just might beat the odds!

• Like 2

1. BD
  2. SCV
  3. Bluecoats
  4. Boston Crusaders or Carolina Crown
  5. The other one
  6. The Cavaliers
  7. Blue Stars
  8. Blue Knights
  9. Mandarins
  10. The Cadets
  11. Crossmen