DCI World Class 2020 Predictions Thread

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I, Reliable Reamdo, will give you a prediction on who will win the 2020 DCI World Championships.

First, you add the 2 GE1 scores together and average. Then you add the two GE2 scores together and average. Then you add both of those averages together for the total GE score.
Then, you take the visual proficiency, visual analysis and color guard scores, add them together and divide by 2. That's your visual number.
Then you take the 2 music analysis judges scores and them together and average them. Then you add that average to the brass and percussion scores and divide by 2. Thats your music number.
Then you take the total GE score, the visual score and the music score and add them up.
if need be subtract any penalties, usually because idiots don't follow the warm up rules or use baby powder.
Then the highest final score after all of those are added up and if any penalties are subtracted is who will be the 2020 DCI World Champion. Obviously thunderous goo or huge moments lost because a mic crapped out are ignored. or people trip over tarps or props.

As always, you're welcome in advance, and i guarantee the corps with the highest score after all of that will win

clockwork

44 minutes ago, LyricalCoder said:

I can see the future with my 20/20 vision. 

I have my doubts.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I, Reliable Reamdo, will give you a prediction on who will win the 2020 DCI World Championships.

First, you add the 2 GE1 scores together and average. Then you add the two GE2 scores together and average. Then you add both of those averages together for the total GE score.
Then, you take the visual proficiency, visual analysis and color guard scores, add them together and divide by 2. That's your visual number.
Then you take the 2 music analysis judges scores and them together and average them. Then you add that average to the brass and percussion scores and divide by 2. Thats your music number.
Then you take the total GE score, the visual score and the music score and add them up.
if need be subtract any penalties, usually because idiots don't follow the warm up rules or use baby powder.
Then the highest final score after all of those are added up and if any penalties are subtracted is who will be the 2020 DCI World Champion. Obviously thunderous goo or huge moments lost because a mic crapped out are ignored. or people trip over tarps or props.

As always, you're welcome in advance, and i guarantee the corps with the highest score after all of that will win

What if the rules change between now and then? Suppose, for instance, that DCI votes to give electronics its own caption. I'm not saying that will happen. (I have no inside information!) I'm just thinking outside the box about how you could be wrong by not confining your prediction to the last sentence (which will always be right).

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Suppose, for instance, that DCI votes to give electronics its own caption. I'm not saying that will happen. (I have no inside information!) 

That would be something!!!

In that case the 2019 sub-captions would be: 

• Blue Stars - Best Synthesized Goo
  • Carolina Crown - Best Reinforcement Vocals (Opening brass hit, and others...)
  • Bluecoats - Best Artificial Crowd Singing (Hey Jude!)
  • Blue Devils - Best use of Britney Spears (Circus)
  • Boston Crusaders - Best Narration 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

clockwork

1. Bluecoats make a push to get Crossmen drum major.. assuming she didn’t age out

2. Speaking of Coats.. they drop to 3-5 placement 

3. Cadets continue to fall.. end up 12-10 range 

4. SCV doesn’t do screeching solo 3 years in a row, even though he will be back .. but they do duplicate the trombone solo just like this year in 2020

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

What if the rules change between now and then? Suppose, for instance, that DCI votes to give electronics its own caption. I'm not saying that will happen. (I have no inside information!) I'm just thinking outside the box about how you could be wrong by not confining your prediction to the last sentence (which will always be right).

then i'll redo it. As of right now, this is how it will work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody here see the 2017 Steven Spielberg movie The Post, starring Tom Hanks, about the 1971 publication of the Pentagon Papers? It's a pretty good movie, if not as strong as the somehwat thematically similar Spotlight from a couple years before. Early in the film, Hanks, who plays Ben Bradlee, the editor of the Washington Post, notices that a star reporter for The New York Times, Neil Sheehan, hadn't bylined any Times articles for a long while, and deduces that Sheehan has been working on a major story. In our era, on the national news front --if such things are of interest to you (as they are to me)-- it's generally wise to keep an eye out for long absences by award-winning reporters like Ronan Farrow (or as Saturday Night Live had Matt Damon jokingly refer to him last fall, "Ronan Sinatra"). Just a few weeks ago I said to a friend: what's Farrow been up to lately? Well I just noticed that he has announced a book forthcoming this fall: Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators, which I would guess from the main title is at least in part about the National Enquirer.

And let me pause to say how wild it is that Men in Black turned out to be right, albeit in a backwards way, about the importance of tabloids like the Enquirer.

Also given the book's subtitle, how timely this announcement (from two days ago) is in light of the national, er, "predator" news that broke this morning.

And all that put together made me wonder about something possibly more germane to this forum: speaking of award-winning reporters, what's Tricia Nadolny doing these days?

Well, I see that she moved last month from the Philadelphia Inquirer to USA Today. Here's a page listing her work at those and other outlets. About two weeks ago, she had a series of articles about allegations of abuse at the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia. Apart from that, I see mostly what looks like local follow-up pieces on various national news stories. There does appear to be a gap of about six weeks before that. Well now. Still, it may not mean anything. The list may be incomplete. She may have been enjoying a well-deserved vacation. Even if she is working on something, there's no reason to assume it's about drum corps. Still...

• Like 1