The Bluecoats 2020

5 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

all of them wearing their previous battery sections shirts. I'm not sure how to be more clear?

I don't know any corps shirt differences between sections, but was thinking that photo was the nine snares when you posted "Whatever it is, they'll be doing it with a 100% vet snareline. "  

Edited by Ghost

21 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I don't know any corps shirt differences between sections, but was thinking that photo was the nine snares when you posted "Whatever it is, they'll be doing it with a 100% vet snareline. "  

The photo is of the 9 snares for BC 2020. They are wearing their battery shirts they got from their rookie year at BC. Those shirts correspond to : 19, 19, 18, 18, 17, 18, 17, 19, 19

Edited by PhrygianHalf

4 hours ago, tedrick said:

I think Bluecoats battery has fallen off since 2016 - I'm really hoping they get a book that will feature them more -

comparing The Bluecoats, Session 44 even Jagged Line to Tilt, Kinetic and Downside up there seems to be a drop off in terms of the musical vehicle for the battery --

I think Bluecoats are at a crossroad in 2020 - the whiplash style/identity confusion is getting difficult for fans to follow - I don't expect 'Coats going back to some sort of old school style but some sort of stability in terms of identity would be nice --

Not winning in 2019 with The Bluecoats was disappointing - I'm sure the 'Coats will medal again in '20, but it's going to be hard to follow up such an iconic show -

#fakenews

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, PhrygianHalf said:

The photo is of the 9 snares for BC 2020. They are wearing their battery shirts they got from their rookie year at BC. Those shirts correspond to : 19, 19, 18, 18, 17, 18, 17, 19, 19

So only previous members of the snare line were offered contracts.  That bodes well for this years percussion section.

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

So only previous members of the snare line were offered contracts.  That bodes well for this years percussion section.

Are you implying this was a bad decision?

• Confused 1

On 1/6/2020 at 8:32 AM, Ghost said:

as opposed to having a 10 person line with only 2 vets and writing a book they couldn't handle and then wondering why the corps was stuck in 6th?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Algernon said:

as opposed to having a 10 person line with only 2 vets and writing a book they couldn't handle and then wondering why the corps was stuck in 6th?

Picking a snark fight where one isn't?  He was referring to only what he referred to.  No snark offered.

OT - Added this to Google Maps: Bluecoats Drumline Warmup Area - DCI Finals Week

Feel free to add reviews to legitimize this spot

https://goo.gl/maps/1sAvz4BBw2jBvMoBA