Canceled Flo

I just canceled my pro level subscription. Please follow me in doing the same. DCI will never fix it if they keep getting paid.

• Like 6

There is already another thread with multiple responses on canceling Flo.

• Haha 1

Last night was the worst Flo product I received all year, by far !   I have been a regular supporter of Flo and still believe the concept of broadcasting this product into homes is essential to DCI and the Marching Arts community. So,  to cancel is not an option I will take.

For the product to fail for the most important telecast of the year . . . . . is not acceptable !

No Flo excuse is adequate here.  

I’m thinking Flo is either incapable, or unwilling to choose an adequate ‘pipe’ to deliver the stream.  We all stream products from other content providers without this kind of breakdown. My goodness, for one of Marching Arts’ main events, Flo should have been prepared for higher demand. The delivery system last night could have been contracted through a different, well-established, corporate internet content provider on a one-time basis. Firms are handling much higher demand content without issue all the time. Work with one of them from time to time.

Solving this from happening again WILL require more financial investment by Flo. This one’s on you, Flo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and Flo will still be the only game in town

True.  But it IS unacceptable that they muffed on the biggest show of the year. 

I’m in Indy and saw none of this fiasco.  Thank God.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

Until DCI demands that they spend money to purchase a higher level of server and bit depth service, and fix their app so it doesn’t crash every 90 seconds, they will continue to pocket the cash and take advantage of DCI’s ignorance.

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Until DCI demands that they spend money to purchase a higher level of server and bit depth service, and fix their app so it doesn’t crash every 90 seconds, they will continue to pocket the cash and take advantage of DCI’s ignorance.

You are 100% correct.  The responsibility for the lack of quality on Flo belongs to DCI.  If DCI doesn’t demand that their product be portrayed in a more professional manner, why would Flo have any incentive to get better?  

This year was the first year that we did not stream a single show.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Same here. Except for one view of the Scouts on youtube I didn't watch at all. 

13 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

1 minute ago, SFZFAN said:

Same here. Except for one view of the Scouts on youtube I didn't watch at all. 

Would you guys like a cookie? Or maybe some waffles?

• Haha 2