Canceled Flo

Flo was reliable for me until last night when it continually failed with what looked like a server error of some kind.....certainly not acceptable for the money they are charging subscribers. For me, the most obvious comparison is the streaming quality I get from the Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall:  https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/devices

Although the latter is not completely analogous to Flo's product, Berlin broadcasts a high def video/audio stream around the world; and their consistency and reliability are outstanding. I think DCI and Flo should go to school on how Berlin achieves their product, and see what they can learn and apply to the Flo/DCI situation. Drum Corp lovers deserve no less, IMHO!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Last night was the worst Flo product I received all year, by far !   I have been a regular supporter of Flo and still believe the concept of broadcasting this product into homes is essential to DCI and the Marching Arts community. So,  to cancel is not an option I will take.

For the product to fail for the most important telecast of the year . . . . . is not acceptable !

No Flo excuse is adequate here.  

I’m thinking Flo is either incapable, or unwilling to choose an adequate ‘pipe’ to deliver the stream.  We all stream products from other content providers without this kind of breakdown. My goodness, for one of Marching Arts’ main events, Flo should have been prepared for higher demand. The delivery system last night could have been contracted through a different, well-established, corporate internet content provider on a one-time basis. Firms are handling much higher demand content without issue all the time. Work with one of them from time to time.

Solving this from happening again WILL require more financial investment by Flo. This one’s on you, Flo.

I am furious and will absolutely NOT buy another subscription  from FloMarching. Three strikes and OUT as far as I am concerned.  Even if it means only seeing a couple of live shows next season. 

• Like 1

I'm keeping Flo... For BOA, Soccer, WGI. I've said it before... They use AWS, which is beyond reliable... So is there is another issue... I'm gonna say it has to be at the venue or how there built their software on AWS and AWS Lambda. As big as Flo is, a few hundred "inconvenienced" DCP members won't even cause a blip on their revenue

10 hours ago, FlamMan said:

This year was the first year that we did not stream a single show.

This was the first year I came back to Flo in 2 or 3 years.  I bought the last month's worth of service for $30.  I left 3 years ago because of the terrible, frustrating service during the shows. 

I have no reason to doubt all the extreme negative experiences people have shared here but my experience was actually pretty good.  There was some pixelation from time-to-time but I would say I got good picture and sound 99% of the time.  The only difference on my end was upgrading to 200/20 internet speed and being hard wired.

I don't understand why the same service interruptions remain after all this time.  There is obviously a technical reason well beyond my pay grade.

Edited by wvu80

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

True.  But it IS unacceptable that they muffed on the biggest show of the year. 

I’m in Indy and saw none of this fiasco.  Thank God.

They’re getting abused all over social media 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gbass598 said:

And how many who cancel now will either rejoin next season or complain because they are unable to watch the Music For All Summer Symposium broadcast from Ball State in June?

Plenty 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

I'm keeping Flo... For BOA, Soccer, WGI. I've said it before... They use AWS, which is beyond reliable... So is there is another issue... I'm gonna say it has to be at the venue or how there built their software on AWS and AWS Lambda. As big as Flo is, a few hundred "inconvenienced" DCP members won't even cause a blip on their revenue

It’s more than DCP posters. Lots of fans who never sniff this place had issues 

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Would you guys like a cookie? Or maybe some waffles?

Nope. Paleo diet for me. No bread, sugar or dairy.