Recommended Posts

FWIW, I was at a soccer game last night and didn’t watch finals but got home in time to watch retreat. I have 500mbps service from WOW! And the stream constantly cut out but I had no issues with prelims or semifinals. They had complaints of issues from the MLS teams they service as well so the issue seems to be with how they originate the service. Clearly LOS should offer sufficient bandwidth in the facility since NFL games are streamed from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

FWIW, I was at a soccer game last night and didn’t watch finals but got home in time to watch retreat. I have 500mbps service from WOW! And the stream constantly cut out but I had no issues with prelims or semifinals. They had complaints of issues from the MLS teams they service as well so the issue seems to be with how they originate the service. Clearly LOS should offer sufficient bandwidth in the facility since NFL games are streamed from there.

everything they cover has complaints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really simple.  Go in expecting that Flo will give you low quality service and you won't be disappointed. They know they have a captive audience and they're the only game in town. Not much motivation to produce a quality product.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically, I watched the Flo stream in 2017 and 2018 and had zero problems. But Saturday night was a disaster. The Roku app must have crashed 15-20 times during Finals.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Williams is dominating"

Curious for anyone with inside DCI knowledge how long was the contract that DCI and FLO signed in May 2017. All the press release said was that it was a multi-year agreement.

“DCI is the largest and most recognized organization in marching arts,” FloSports co-founder and CEO Martin Floreani said. “Our partnership allows us to showcase the talents of DCI corps members to millions of fans across the United States.”

They sure are not treating this like if they were streaming to Millions of fans.. Maybe a hundred.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

It's really simple.  Go in expecting that Flo will give you low quality service and you won't be disappointed. They know they have a captive audience and they're the only game in town. Not much motivation to produce a quality product.

what was so irritating was this summer did get a lot better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

what was so irritating was this summer did get a lot better.

…..until FINALS

Having so many issues with the top two corps that have been trading the top spot over the final two weeks would be like missing the final quarter of game 7 of the NBA Finals or the 9th inning of game seven in the World Series. 

Could you imagine what it would be like to miss the final two minutes of the Superbowl in a tie game?

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

…..until FINALS

yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.