Blue Devils 2020

Well for me, i still want my BD show with all Gordon Goodwin music. But i think that ship has sailed. They haven't had GG in their music since 2015???

• Like 2

I’d really like BD to win the brass caption again (of course, along with #20)!

• Thanks 1

I would love to see BD do a updated version of their 91 show. That year had the best brass line in the history of earth. Or maybe 1993 Don Ellis??

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I wanted to wait until after the victory run to make this topic. Firstly a huge congratulations to BD on getting their 19th gold medal! This 2019 production will go down as one of my favorite ever by this corps. 

I am very excited to see what BD has in store for the new decade. This past year we saw BD innovate in the use of props and marched more traditional drill than their fellow medalists. I anticipate that this trend will continue next season. I also suspect the hornline will surprise us with their excellence! 

Any predictions as to what they might do next year? Any wish lists?

My only wish is that they continue to maintain the classic BD sound; if they do that, I will love what they put on the field regardless of what it is:inlove:

As always, do it up, Devils!:bluedevil:

Perfectly stated

On 8/11/2019 at 12:31 PM, Chief Guns said:

I would love to see BD do a updated version of their 91 show. That year had the best brass line in the history of earth. Or maybe 1993 Don Ellis??

I would actually love to see them go back to their roots with some updated Mangione or maybe some Chick Corea!

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 12:05 AM, Chief Guns said:

Well for me, i still want my BD show with all Gordon Goodwin music. But i think that ship has sailed. They haven't had GG in their music since 2015???

They had some Goodwin in 2016, too. Then Academy had Hunting Wabbits in 2017. No Goodwin on the field since by anyone, I think.

My personal request for them is to continue incorporating the standard marimba literature into their shows--I'll take one Monograph IV appearance in 2020, thanks.

If they wanted to be perhaps overly clever and play off of 20/20 vision, there might be a show somewhere about lenses--how they correct vision, let us see smaller and farther away, bend the way we normally see things. No idea what music would go with that, but they seem to be better at finding stuff that works perfectly for them, so...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

They had some Goodwin in 2016, too. Then Academy had Hunting Wabbits in 2017. No Goodwin on the field since by anyone, I think.

My personal request for them is to continue incorporating the standard marimba literature into their shows--I'll take one Monograph IV appearance in 2020, thanks.

If they wanted to be perhaps overly clever and play off of 20/20 vision, there might be a show somewhere about lenses--how they correct vision, let us see smaller and farther away, bend the way we normally see things. No idea what music would go with that, but they seem to be better at finding stuff that works perfectly for them, so...

I could only imagine Blue Knights being able to pull an abstract theme like that off. BD does the abstract too but more within the artistic realm. On the other side of the coin, could you imagine the cheesefest that would ensue if Boston's or Cadets' design teams tried to pull something like that off? Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 9:31 AM, Chief Guns said:

Bluecoats last year beat them to it.