Blue Devils 2020

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I could only imagine Blue Knights being able to pull an abstract theme like that off. BD does the abstract too but more within the artistic realm. On the other side of the coin, could you imagine the cheesefest that would ensue if Boston's or Cadets' design teams tried to pull something like that off? Lol

And BK kinda did it already in 2017. So probably a non-starter there.

The northeastern design teams do seem to be on an over-literalism-to-the-point-of-cheese kick, don't they.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:31 AM, Chief Guns said:

I would love to see BD do a updated version of their 91 show. That year had the best brass line in the history of earth. Or maybe 1993 Don Ellis??

Unlikely....Scott Chandler works on show ideas years in advance.  He's probably been working on the 2020 show since 2016.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Unlikely....Scott Chandler works on show ideas years in advance.  He's probably been working on the 2020 show since 2016.

Oh I agree. It's just wishful thinking lol.

So i just posted this in the Show Concepts for 2020 thread. What would BD Nation think of a Devils show with all Earth Wind & Fire music?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

So i just posted this in the Show Concepts for 2020 thread. What would BD Nation think of a Devils show with all Earth Wind & Fire music?

I would love it personally. But this seems more like a Bloo type of show. I personally, don't enjoy anthology shows. Now, if they were to tie in an Earth, Wind & Fire song into a much more high-art concept, I can totally see that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Yes please! The costumes, the music! And they'd find a way to incorporate some funky lighting too, I'm sure.

• Like 1