Blue Devils 2020

On 8/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, Chief Guns said:

1. 2014 Felliniesque.........Best performance and show i have ever seen live. No one on earth was beating that. 99.15 who???

2. 2017 Metamorph.......60th anniversary......paying homage to BD of past.......BALLAD!!......40 trumpet feature..........Concord Blue Devils.......shine bright like a diamond Devils.....shine bright.

3. 2015 Ink.........Little Clara......BDs first come from behind victory.....ABC.....XYZ.......only thing missing was spelling out Salt and Hater in the closer with the fan reaction to BD winning. 

4. 2019 Ghostlight........Bare bones of a show in June.......masterpiece by August......Watching Brandon Olander who grew up in front of our eyes age out.........19 is my new favorite number. 

5. 2012 Cabaret Voltaire.......I have a Los Angeles public education so i am not smart enough to know anything about DADA..............but d**n if i didn't love this show.

6. 2010 Through a Glass Darkly............This was BD showing off............look how bad*** we are.............and there is nothing you can do about it. 

7. 2011 The Beat My Heart Skipped........this show was a trainwreck in June............phenomenal by August........so proud of BD reeling this show in and pushing the Cadets to the finish line.

8. 2016 As Dreams are Made On..............The ballad...........HELL IS EMPTY AND THE DEVILS ARE HERE!

9. 2018 Dreams & Nighthawks......Yea we are going to reconstruct a legendary Edward Hopper painting on a football field.....why........cause we are BD and we can.........nuff said.

10. 2013 ReRite of Spring............Of the silver medal BD shows, this show was cleanest by finals............It took a out of this world brass run by Crown to hold this show off at the end.

The only change I would make is move No. 8, “As Dreams Are Made On” to No. 6, displacing “Through A Glass Darkly” to No. 7. But really, a great decade of shows!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Ott is coming back to Concord next year. Book it. 

So pumped to hear that line next year 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Oooooh can't wait to try:

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

That would be sweet if it did. BD got robbed of the Ott in 2017. Can i use the word robbed? Well apparently BD robbed a bunch of corps in another active thread, so yea we will use the word here lol. 

But ultimately, someone else can be number one in brass. As long as the gold medal is consistently coming back to Concord. Shine bright like a diamond Devils.........shine bright.  

• Like 3

Dreams and Nighthawks.

In all of my years following the drum corps activity; I've never seen this much staff change with so many corps in one year. The Blue Devils appear to be the only corps without major changes. With that being said, I'm going to make a very bold prediction for 2020; The Blue Devils will have an undefeated season and will win DCI (here's the really bold part) by two points. They might be tested and challenged...a little; but I don't foresee anybody besting them next summer. If I"m wrong, I'll eat a crow dinner with a slice of humble pie for dessert. 

• Like 5